Children of Bodom,Lamb of God, and Mastodon To Open up for SLAYER

Consuming Impulse

New Metal Member
Feb 26, 2006
Hell
SLAYER will be teaming up with MASTODON, LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED for two-month U.S. tour beginning on June 6. Dubbed the Unholy Alliance Tour, the trek will make stops in most major cities, although the actual routing of the run is still being fleshed out.

"It's been 18 months since we've toured in the States," SLAYER guitarist Kerry King told MTV.com. "People are going to be chomping at the bit to see us again. Our initial thought [with Unholy Alliance] was to go up against Ozzfest, because I think that tour's getting a little bit tired and I think people are tired of going out and getting sunburned for hours every summer. Every place we play is going to be indoors, with a good-sized lineup. We're certainly not going to try to make Ozzfest go away. We're just trying to offer an alternative."

On Tuesday (Feb. 28) SLAYER entered a Los Angeles studio, where they started recording the 11 songs that'll comprise their yet-untitled album. Rick Rubin (METALLICA) will executive-produce the disc, while Josh Abraham (VELVET REVOLVER) will turn the knobs. One of the songs has an official title ("Cult"), but all of them, King promised, will be devastatingly grim.

"There are definitely things you can't write about in SLAYER, and there are definitely things people expect you to write about," he said. "Everybody expects war, Satanism or anti-religious stuff — and this record's chock-full of that."

Most of the 11 songs SLAYER will record were written more than two years ago, the guitarist said. "We're hoping to do it old-school and record everything in like four weeks," he added. "We're ready. This is probably the most ready we've been since 'Seasons'. We've been spinning our wheels in rehearsals, just waiting for the green light on this thing. Now that we've got it, we're ready to go.

"It's definitely going to be a riff-fest," King continued. "There's riffs all over the place. As much time as we've had to work on it, there better be riffs on it. I think anybody who likes SLAYER, musically, is going to love it."

On Saturday, MTV2's "Headbangers Ball" will feature an exclusive interview with bassist/vocalist Tom Araya regarding the forthcoming album and the Unholy Alliance run. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thats a bit diverse Lamb of God and Mastodon I can see why they where chosen,but Bodom cant see them being loved by the Slayer Crowd even though I WAS a fan.

im there. the reason im going there is for mastodon and SLAYER!!! i will have to sell one of my guitar pedals to buy a ticket.

:worship:SLAYER:worship:
:worship:MASTODON:worship:

ender7227 said:
apparently i just don't get it... ehy does everyone hate CoB? whatever this is certainly a great tour and one to rival ozzfest COME TO DALLAS UNHOLY ALIANCE!!!

Maybe because CoB is boring? Perhaps its because they conformed to the slipknot/mallcore fans?

It's suprising to see Slayer have anyone who's decent opening for them... They usually get weaker bands to open since they have tremendous egos and dont want to be shown up. Mastodon own them in the talent sector and Lamb of god is okay studio.. Boring as fuck live.. slept twice through their performances.

ender7227 said:
apparently i just don't get it... ehy does everyone hate CoB? whatever this is certainly a great tour and one to rival ozzfest COME TO DALLAS UNHOLY ALIANCE!!!

The reason why I hate CoB:

I saw them open for Dimmu Borgir and didn't care for their sound. I really didn't like them. I just didn't get what all the hype was about and I still don't. Just personal taste, but I don't care for their sound.

Talented bunch of musicians and I know what they play on disc, they can reproduce on the stage, so I'll give 'em kudos for that. But I just don't get it.

Nag said:
Maybe because CoB is boring? Perhaps its because they conformed to the slipknot/mallcore fans?

It's suprising to see Slayer have anyone who's decent opening for them... They usually get weaker bands to open since they have tremendous egos and dont want to be shown up. Mastodon own them in the talent sector and Lamb of god is okay studio.. Boring as fuck live.. slept twice through their performances.

obviously if you hate these bands this isn't your genre and you don't belong here
surely you have better shit to do than talk shit about really good bands
you oughtta be like sumairetsu and like/dislike bands based on them not who likes them. NEWSFLASH bands generally get popular because they are good, in the since that they make some sort of connection with the listener. this is all art is.

dick

ender7227 said:
obviously if you hate these bands this isn't your genre and you don't belong here
surely you have better shit to do than talk shit about really good bands
you oughtta be like sumairetsu and like/dislike bands based on them not who likes them. NEWSFLASH bands generally get popular because they are good, in the since that they make some sort of connection with the listener. this is all art is.

dick

You tell 'em, ender7227.:hotjump:

Impudent said:
I thought Slayer were supposed to headline Ozzfest.

nah i think it was jeff who said that slayer will never play ozzfest again for the fact that they hate playing at daylight. i can understand that.

i can tell you why i hate cob. its because i got this sampler cd and i saw cob was on it so i wanted to see what the hype was all about and i herd it sounded terrible and boring as hell so i skipped that track.

Al Bundy said:
SLAYER will be teaming up with MASTODON, LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED for two-month U.S. tour beginning on June 6. Dubbed the Unholy Alliance Tour, the trek will make stops in most major cities, although the actual routing of the run is still being fleshed out.

"It's been 18 months since we've toured in the States," SLAYER guitarist Kerry King told MTV.com. "People are going to be chomping at the bit to see us again. Our initial thought [with Unholy Alliance] was to go up against Ozzfest, because I think that tour's getting a little bit tired and I think people are tired of going out and getting sunburned for hours every summer. Every place we play is going to be indoors, with a good-sized lineup. We're certainly not going to try to make Ozzfest go away. We're just trying to offer an alternative."

On Tuesday (Feb. 28) SLAYER entered a Los Angeles studio, where they started recording the 11 songs that'll comprise their yet-untitled album. Rick Rubin (METALLICA) will executive-produce the disc, while Josh Abraham (VELVET REVOLVER) will turn the knobs. One of the songs has an official title ("Cult"), but all of them, King promised, will be devastatingly grim.

"There are definitely things you can't write about in SLAYER, and there are definitely things people expect you to write about," he said. "Everybody expects war, Satanism or anti-religious stuff — and this record's chock-full of that."

Most of the 11 songs SLAYER will record were written more than two years ago, the guitarist said. "We're hoping to do it old-school and record everything in like four weeks," he added. "We're ready. This is probably the most ready we've been since 'Seasons'. We've been spinning our wheels in rehearsals, just waiting for the green light on this thing. Now that we've got it, we're ready to go.

"It's definitely going to be a riff-fest," King continued. "There's riffs all over the place. As much time as we've had to work on it, there better be riffs on it. I think anybody who likes SLAYER, musically, is going to love it."

On Saturday, MTV2's "Headbangers Ball" will feature an exclusive interview with bassist/vocalist Tom Araya regarding the forthcoming album and the Unholy Alliance run. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
paddy wished he was from u s this sounds fucking awesome tour:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

It´s funny how every thread including CoB/In Flames/whatever popular turnes into bashing that band.
Well, we all know, it´s cool to bash well known and popular metal band, it makes you more metal....
I personally don´t love cheesy wankery either, but I have no reason to bashing this band.