Children of Bodom,Lamb of God, and Mastodon To Open up for SLAYER

Atleast Alexi Laiho can play his guitar.

*Barump bump*

(as opposed to Kerry King, that is)

Not just Alexi, all of them are skillful musicians.
They just have different crowds...which is the fact that most of people here can´t respect.

Fredy_Brown said:
It´s funny how every thread including CoB/In Flames/whatever popular turnes into bashing that band.
Well, we all know, it´s cool to bash well known and popular metal band, it makes you more metal....
I personally don´t love cheesy wankery either, but I have no reason to bashing this band.

Or some people just don't like said band.

Fredy_Brown said:
It´s funny how every thread including CoB/In Flames/whatever popular turnes into bashing that band.
Well, we all know, it´s cool to bash well known and popular metal band, it makes you more metal....
I personally don´t love cheesy wankery either, but I have no reason to bashing this band.
For once, I agree with you.

Thine Eyes Bleed are easily the worst band on that bill. They really are. The only reason why they're on it is because one of the members is related to Tom Araya

ender7227 said:
obviously if you hate these bands this isn't your genre and you don't belong here
surely you have better shit to do than talk shit about really good bands
you oughtta be like sumairetsu and like/dislike bands based on them not who likes them. NEWSFLASH bands generally get popular because they are good, in the since that they make some sort of connection with the listener. this is all art is.

dick

Well this is in the Metal Forum.. so it's open to be commented on. :saint:

Now that's outta the way.. Newsflash.. by your reasoning The backstreet boys are good because they are popular.. or All Pop. Good job. I dislike bands because I dislike the band. Slayer, legally changed their name to Gayer in 95. They are overrated need to be put to sleep.

Mastodon.. good band.. dont really have to say anything about them. Just that I am suprised that Gayer let them open up for them.. the whole getting showed up thing really scares them.

Nag said:
Well this is in the Metal Forum.. so it's open to be commented on. :saint:

Now that's outta the way.. Newsflash.. by your reasoning The backstreet boys are good because they are popular.. or All Pop. Good job. I dislike bands because I dislike the band. Slayer, legally changed their name to Gayer in 95. They are overrated need to be put to sleep.

Mastodon.. good band.. dont really have to say anything about them. Just that I am suprised that Gayer let them open up for them.. the whole getting showed up thing really scares them.

owie
open mouth insert foot:cry:
but let me put my belief in better words: trend bashing is simply done in alot of cases, intentionally or unintentionally, to fit into the metal scene and this is no better than following a trend bc in a sense you ARE following a trend, ofton blindly
i wanna see who tears that one apart

ender7227 said:
owie
open mouth insert foot:cry:
but let me put my belief in better words: trend bashing is simply done in alot of cases, intentionally or unintentionally, to fit into the metal scene and this is no better than following a trend bc in a sense you ARE following a trend, ofton blindly
i wanna see who tears that one apart

I am following a trend? Okay. If by disliking bands I dislike for my own reasons and actually being myself is following a trend.. fine by me. I'll do as I please and listen to what I want. I'll also post my opinions on things as I see fit. Soon as I start conforming to appease you or anyone else is the day I die.

I dunno.. I dislike reign in blood. south of heaven and seasons in the abyss were better for me. there were far better thrash bands that deserved the spotlight.. Slayer was just lucky.

Nag said:
I am following a trend? Okay. If by disliking bands I dislike for my own reasons and actually being myself is following a trend.. fine by me. I'll do as I please and listen to what I want. I'll also post my opinions on things as I see fit. Soon as I start conforming to appease you or anyone else is the day I die.

you, sir are not following a trend:kickass:
im having problems with this point, arent i
as long as you like/ dislike bands for your own reason that is not following the whole"metal identity" trend thingy
i like bands like bullet for my valentine and dislike bands like meshuggah for my own reasons and i DONT LET ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO LISTEN TO
i am NOT saying to like everything to resist the "trend"
do and listen to what you like and dont let anyone tell you your tastes are shit
but im preaching to the choir obviously

ender7227 said:
you, sir are not following a trend:kickass:
im having problems with this point, arent i
as long as you like/ dislike bands for your own reason that is not following the whole"metal identity" trend thingy
i like bands like bullet for my valentine and dislike bands like meshuggah for my own reasons and i DONT LET ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO LISTEN TO
i am NOT saying to like everything to resist the "trend"
do and listen to what you like and dont let anyone tell you your tastes are shit
but im preaching to the choir obviously

Yep.. Like what you like.. I'll still post my opinions about it. I dont expect your views to change.. but it may make you look at it in another light. I know it does when others say stuff about what I listen to.

I dislike Meshuggah too. [shrugs] Saw them open up for slayer... Guitarist stepped off stage for a bit.. the roadie took over.. mid lead.. sounded better than when he was playing.. plus the whole odd timing shit just sounds wrong to me a lot.

ender7227 said:
i love you now
in a strctly platonic way of course

LOL.. well I technically didnt meet him.. was in the Robotech 20th anniversary meeting at the comic con.. made the girl I was banging go get it signed. she was whipped. :heh: Still signed it to me tho.. about 6 comics and Enders game plus that new one.. He gave me it. pretty awesome.