Choice Of Free Plugins

Sep 26, 2011
There are a lot of good freeware threads here, Some of you even say your preference, I'm wondering what's your favorite, specifically as of 2013 what's your favorite/ most used freeware :headbang:

phoenixinflight_optron3a.jpg

phoenixinflight_solid4010.jpg

softube-saturation-knob-procha.png

(In studio one)

ivgi-free-vst-plugin-effect.jpg

dc1a_11.png

I pretty much can't get a bad sound out of these, I find myself using these a bit more than I expected (Which is a lot)

What about you?

As I've written in a particular thread here, I've mixed my band's second full-length record using only free plug-ins. The record is free on our bandcamp.

I use the hell out of the Variety Of Sound plugins
coloring eq:
screenshot2.png

buscomp:
dmkii-b.png

tape saturation:
ferrictds_1-5_l.png

delay:
nastydla1.png

reverb:
epicverb.png

Since I'm a Reaper user, I also use ReaPlugs a lot, especially ReaEQ. Haven't found my go-to free compressor plug-in yet, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

As I've written in a particular thread here, I've mixed my band's second full-length record using only free plug-ins. The record is free on our bandcamp.

Since I'm a Reaper user, I also use ReaPlugs a lot, especially ReaEQ. Haven't found my go-to free compressor plug-in yet, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Checked it out, Sounds good man!

yeah honestly my go to compressor is the DC8C I know it's not free it's just massive and super fucking flexible. I'd choose it over most if not all.
I haven't found a go to free compressor yet but If I do I'll defiantly post it, but the MKII and Modern 1176 are pretty good for sure

Checked it out, Sounds good man!

yeah honestly my go to compressor is the DC8C I know it's not free it's just massive and super fucking flexible. I'd choose it over most if not all.
I haven't found a go to free compressor yet but If I do I'll defiantly post it, but the MKII and Modern 1176 are pretty good for sure

Thanks!
Klangheim stuff sounds decent. I've tried using IVGI, liked it, but it's kinda CPU heavy. Couldn't figure out what to do with DC1A yet. I guess I just can't live without at least a separate attack knob. Molot is an awesome free compressor, with interesting character. Sounds great on vocals, but I have yet to try it on percussive sources.

I love the SonEQ, but since I'm on a Mac that's practically the only one of these I can use anyway. I would do terrible, terrible things to get the Variety of Sound plugins for Mac.