Movingo to Mac

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
Yo guys,

so basically the PC in my studio fucked up so were getting a Mac Pro, does anyone know of any good free plugins for mac?? Im gonna be using
cubase 5 btw, im not really into the freeware plugins for mac and I know most of them windows ones dont have a mac version... So if anyone knows some worth mentioning please do so.

Thanks!

^Exactly. I would be curious to hear what the "horror stories" are......

I've had numerous crashes and hangs when editing stuff in cubase 4 on mac. I've lost my trust and nerves in Cubendo ever since. Don't know how 5 is though.

But seriously, check out logic 9 if you're on a mac. It's probably the fastest DAW on the system

Well, C5 on Mac is wonderful, but C4 studio crashes a lot (even when dragging stuff from one track to another) and N4.3 crashes a lot on either Leo or Snow Leo and is a friggin' resource hog.

I've had no major issues with CS4 on a Mac at all. Not getting into a PC vs. Mac debate, but I find it much more stable on my mac than I did on PC, I've had the odd crash, but no horror stories, especially since I found the autosave settings :D

I'm going to buy plugins, probably mcdsp, metric halo, etc... but I just wanted to know what free plugins are there, I don't give a flying rats ass for amp sims, don't really fucking care.... Also, any free impulse loader plugins? (For reverbs not cabs, so dont care for low latency monitoring)

You can use PC free VSTs if you have development tools and wine ports. I frequently use the amp sims but can also run Gclip and other PC VSTs. I'm running Logic express and find it very reliable.