Plugins and Cubase settings on a Mac

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
The thread title may be a bit vague, but here's the deal.

I've created a new account on the mac at the studio and to my surprise (I didn't know OSX worked this way which is awesome) when I open Cubase or PT it reacts as if it's opening for the first time and starts scanning for plugins, the thing is it doesn't find the waveshell nor it can find the activations for certain plugins that don't use ilok like the duende stuff etc.

Does any mac savvy guy knows where are all the settings related to this placed on a mac? So I can just copy and paste from the other account to the new one. I'm looking for the activation stuff for plugins, waveshell and cubase/PT settings.

Cheers!

plugins: /library/audio/plugins/vst
settings: /username/library/application preferences/steinberg/Cubase IIRC

Thanks a lot! That's what I was looking for, I know where the VSTs are though, but the do you know where plugin activations reside? Is it in application preferences as well?

Thansk a lot mate!

I do believe you will need to just run the Waves WOLI installer on that account, it will install whatever plugs are on the iLok(s) connected to that machine.

Hm... but the thing is, they're already installed, so installing again would make no sense? Since it would just overwrite the plugins, but I've got about 5 or 6 plugins that use other authorization methods... now that's gonna be a PITA... I appreciate how the account stuff works because it makes everything very independent, which is cool, but it's a PITA in this particular case

Well it makes perfect sense. They are not installed on that account on the machine, run the installer on that account and those will be working for you and recognized in Cubase. It shouldn't over-write anything on the other account(s) at all.

The only other thing I could think of that might work is if there was a way to direct that account's Cubase to the correct path on the other account. But, I am telling you, just run WOLI on that account and you will be set.

Pedro Teixeira said:
...but I've got about 5 or 6 plugins that use other authorization methods... now that's gonna be a PITA...

Perfect example why iLok is superior.

I just need to ask one more thing. In terms of Cubase's Track Presets as well as presets made by yourself for certain plugins. I can't seem to find them anywhere, library > application support or library > preferences, there's folders for it but they arent there?! Although I can see them in Cubase which makes it all more confusing

Hmm, I don't use that feature too much myself. Sounds like a good question for the forum on www.steinberg.net though. Unless someone else sees it here that can help, of course.

I got that sorted... I ran WOLI again and now it says the license for some waves shit, (CLA comps) wasnt found on the ilok... I've got 2 iloks, I tried to remove one that doesn;t have those and it still doesnt work so it asks for challenge and response... WTF..... Why is this shit so fucking complicated jesus christ!

It SHOULD just find the licenses on the fucking iLok, I even installed the ilok driver again... and nothing... This is V8, when I bought CLA it wasn't on V8 but should be the same right?

The rest of the waves stuff isnt being recognized as well on my ilok2 .... seriously FUYCKING waves

Now I logged in to the original account and when I load Cubase it asks for the waveshells I select the fucking waveshells on library>audio>plugins> vst or vst3 and nothing, applications> waves>waveshell... nothing it asks again.... Im fucking pulling my hair out.... Why is this fucking bullshit so complicated... it's just a fucking account not a new computer... jesus

The ONLY problem here is WAVES