"Choir of the Eye": rescue operation in 28 spins

this relationship will not work out ...you weren't into her that much to begin with :loco:

Ellestin said:
You mean 'songs'?
There are no 'songs' on this thing, ever noticed?
whoa, maybe you need more than 30 spins. :loco:

actually no, when you've listened to it 2498u59284u6 times, the intense structure of each piece is truly revealed. i used to say "this is like, jam band music" even when i started to enjoy it, but i can follow along with every little section now. verse-chorus-verse it ain't.

the easiest: A Pitcher of Summer
the hardest: The Antique
the best: The Manifold Curiosity
greatest live: Marathon
the one i always forget about: Wayfarer

Man, Psychoballs is like... 570580958 million times less meandering than the other two. That middle section in "Ferocious Weights" is BEE-YUTE-IFUL. Even the band members say that this album contains their best songs (though it's poorly produced).

once I was NAD said:
the easiest: A Pitcher of Summer
the hardest: The Antique
the best: The Manifold Curiosity
greatest live: Marathon
the one i always forget about: Wayfarer

I'd reverse Pitcher and Wayfarer, the latter being easiest not in terms of complexity, but because I think it's the closest thing to MOTW on there.

Spin 4

Once again, I'm lacking something in there. It's seriously the first time I listen to something presumably made of... well... songs, where I can't make out anything like a songwriting. I know I'm an idiot but that's where I'm stranded right now.

This album may well be one of the most frustrating things ever. I truly dig the sound, some parts are kicking my boobs in (mainly in the first half of the record), but the whole going-nowhereness in between is more than I can take, up to now. It's not like I can lay back and just let the sounds flow, because the fluidity of what's happening is like cold concrete. In all honesty I don't thing I'm going to make it through the task. For one thing I'll slow down the process, and I have a feeling that the next 2-3 listens will yield a verdict that is most unlikely to change.

Rescue probability: 17%

I felt the same exact way Ellestin. I probably gave up after 5-10 listens. I'm curious to see after starting out just as I did, if you get some kind of break through with this disc with more listens than I ended up giving it.

i think the last 3 minutes of The Manifold Curiosity would be enough to want to put the effort in to devour the rest. that's what did it for me, i thought "wow this part is really awesome, why isn't the rest of the album so good?" but in time, it was.

Spins 5,6,7

Just so you know this game is over, I'm going to keep the cd on the asumption it may release its mystery sooner or later. And if not better wait till it goes OOP and I can sell it for something. I love "Marathon", in any case.

Rescue probability: 100%

And by the way, I have fully adopted this album by now. The guy Sadguru was right, it works better when you manage to disconnect, even to avoid paying any attention to the music in the first place, then it's like a massage of chords sliding in soft waves under the skull. I'm not sure how much I will like it, but it's a 100% no trade away now.