Chris, i need you to keep it real, bro.

Thrashavich

New Metal Member
Aug 24, 2009
I like to work out, and my goal in terms of physical appearance is to look like you at some point.
So, would you please be so kind as to let me know...
What are your thoughts and opinions on protein shakes containing creatine?

I like to work out, and my goal in terms of physical appearance is to look like you at some point.
So, would you please be so kind as to let me know...
What are your thoughts and opinions on protein shakes containing creatine?

I have heard of people having very good results with creatine, however it never really did anything for me, so I don't use it anymore.
Take care, Chris.

here's a site with creatine facts
http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_background.html

though I'm not an expert, I've always been a little dubious about supplementing with creatine. If you eat a diet with a good amount of meat, then your body shouldn't need extra creatine, and it has been indicated to me by a number of more knowledgeable individuals that creatine is not a substance where the amount ingested is directly proportional to the quality/quantity of its effect. If you ingest more creatine than your body needs, you'll just piss it out, and we all know supplements are expensive.

Furthermore, creatine is most effective for muscular energy, so I can really only imagine benefit to workouts that include powerlifting or o-lifting, or some other kind of explosive power work. I really don't think it is an effective supplement for a bodybuilding style workout, despite what you might read on bodybuilding sites.

I've also heard that your muscles retain more water on creatine, causing a temporary inflation but not true mass, which I suppose some people might confuse for results.

That being said, I have never used it, so if you have the budget, by all means try it out, and definitely let me know if I'm wrong. Overall though, I think most people put to much faith in supplements. Just work hard and keep it enjoyable by trying new things.