Chris is good... But can he do this?

Zac said:
Too bad Michael Angelo's barber wasn't half as good as he is at guitar....he would have had one stylin haircut.

What, you don't like his Mick Mars wig???:headbang:

MetalSteph said:
What, you don't like his Mick Mars wig???:headbang:

LOL. MAB has actually gotten way better on the double neck guitar, I think that footage was from 93 or something like that, he had just gotten that guitar recently in that vid. I've barely heard any of his material maybe 5 full songs, but I've seen clips of him, he is one amazing guitarist :OMG: . If you like extreme speed, check out Rusty Cooley, his legato technique is so fuking fast and accurate, I love it. :headbang:

Well, I like Angelo.. but not that much. In that video, it's only a pull off/hammer on stuff. It isn't that difficult. The hardest part is to get the two hands synchronized which is only a little harder than tapping. I've seen and heard better stuff about Angelo. I prefer Chris' style...but it's my point of view. Oh, and even if I like Angelo, I really don't like that much when he does the upside/down stuff with the hands. I don't know why...kinda too flashy I think hehe. It's like I hate Honda Civic cause there are too many on the streets hehe.

(the link is hard to find between Civic and Angelo, but I just meant that I have no great reason to explain myself... hehe)

{D|aBo|uS} said:
Well, I like Angelo.. but not that much. In that video, it's only a pull off/hammer on stuff. It isn't that difficult. The hardest part is to get the two hands synchronized which is only a little harder than tapping. I've seen and heard better stuff about Angelo. I prefer Chris' style...but it's my point of view. Oh, and even if I like Angelo, I really don't like that much when he does the upside/down stuff with the hands. I don't know why...kinda too flashy I think hehe. It's like I hate Honda Civic cause there are too many on the streets hehe.

that over the top ting is kinda goofy IMO, i mean the notes sound the same upside down

I know that he can't do that but 'ol mike got nothing on chris' peter slaping abilitys

I always saw Angelo as an anti-guitarist, he stands for everything I hate in electric guitar playing. He should go work in some circus to show off... Yeah, he's fast and then some - so what?! Many players are perfect technically, but no one ever hears about them...Why? Cause they don't know how to write a song, a great melody, since they are too busy showing off, so that everyone sees what they can do. Interesting for two whole minutes and that's it...

I wish he'd write a good memorable song that will send shivers down my (or anyone's) spine, instead of noodling up and down the fretboard! Hit one single note that will make all the hairs on the body stand up (Parisienne Walkways, anyone?)... To finally use the technique he's developed for something musical, for change.

How much stuff of michael's have you heard? I actually enjoy the complexity and speed of the music, and if you take they time to listen, its really quite beautifull. To each his own tho, I'm by no means trying to give you the whole "oh you have to like shred" thing, but I'm just saying try to really get into it if you havn't. If you have tried and just hate it, then that's kool too man, but I woulnd't bash michael if you've only heard a few songs of his.

BTW- For all you guitar players, try playing no boundries, it starts off with the most awesome melody in the begginning. :)

bloodbath666 said:
How much stuff of michael's have you heard?

Some Nitro albums and a few solo songs...

I actually enjoy the complexity and speed of the music, and if you take they time to listen, its really quite beautifull. To each his own tho, I'm by no means trying to give you the whole "oh you have to like shred" thing, but I'm just saying try to really get into it if you havn't. If you have tried and just hate it, then that's kool too man, but I woulnd't bash michael if you've only heard a few songs of his.

Dunno, I see his playing as speeding for the purpose of speeding itself, not musicality... Whatever, you enjoy your Michael Angelo CDs and I'll put myself some melodic Vinnie Moore or Satriani stuff later... ;) Just expressing my opinion on the man.

I understand. I really enjoy vinnie moore and satch as well. Satch has some great phrasing espically in songs like always with me always with you, which has helped me playing-wise.

SickBoy said:
It is, yeah... Why do you ask? :)

p.s. no, I'm not into their guitar players :tickled:

LOL. You mean you're not into fur and armor!?! Dude that is soooo metal!

Here are the complete lyrics (don't laugh too hard):

Manowar's Metal Daze

I hear the sound
In a metal way
I feel the power
Rolling off the stage
Cause only one thing
Really sets me free
Heavy Metal
Loud as it can be
Baby I was born to play music
I'm a man with a screamin guitar
There's a light in the middle of the stage
In a minute I'll be wearing it all
I don't know another way of living
Baby I don't really care
Give me a pair of jeans
And a riff that's mean
And girls that love to share
[Chorus:]
Heavy metal, metal daze
Heavy metal, heavy metal daze
Living like there's no tomorrow
Yeah Currie says we're on the edge
He says man you're really graphic
This band a social wedge
Yeah we all got hearts made of metal
and our blood is hot molten rock
And if I don't hear the sound of metal
I go into shock
Heavy metal, metal daze
Heavy metal
So mister D. J.
Play just one for me
You know the one
With the crushin' and the screams
'Cause only one thing
Really sets me free
Heavy metal
Loud as it can be
Heavy metal, metal daze
heavy metal, heavy metal daze
Heavy metal
Loud as it can be!

:lol:

metalgtr84 said:
Here are the complete lyrics (don't laugh too hard):

Manowar's Metal Daze

Don't take it too seriously, man... :)
I actually like the lyrics to this particular song, expressing pure hedonism and enjoyment in metal. The lines in signature fit me very well ;)
Not to say that they don't have absurd "we've got the biggest amps, man they blast" lyrics in abundance... :tickled: