Chris Lucas - Tech Death - Putrid Manifestation Ov Isis-Tuts + Session + Multitracks

It's a great song. Thanks again for sharing. Here's my version, I hope it didn't turn out too bad. It's a bit darker sounding so maybe not clear enough for this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great song. Thanks again for sharing. Here's my version, I hope it didn't turn out too bad. It's a bit darker sounding so maybe not clear enough for this song.

Dude I like it, not as ridiculous as mine but definitely good. What did you do for gtr/drums?

This one is cool too, the mid/lows of the guitars seem to be slamming the mix too hard and making everything else less present. Vox could be more brootz to :D

Glad people are enjoying working with this!

This one is cool too, the mid/lows of the guitars seem to be slamming the mix too hard and making everything else less present. Vox could be more brootz to :D

Glad people are enjoying working with this!

Thanks for the comment! I did nothing to the vocals just comp,eq,delay lol kinda boring :lol: Theres a crazy amount of palm muting, and using Podfarm i found it hard to control all the mess :cry:
edit: my mix sounds harsh as fuck lmao

Thanks for the comment! I did nothing to the vocals just comp,eq,delay lol kinda boring :lol: Theres a crazy amount of palm muting, and using Podfarm i found it hard to control all the mess :cry:
edit: my mix sounds harsh as fuck lmao

Yeah, but that's what made it fun to have it finally sound good! Getting the kick/gtr and bass to all chunk together was maybe a little harder than usual but worth it.

Dude I like it, not as ridiculous as mine but definitely good. What did you do for gtr/drums?

Thanks for the comment. Yes I agree, I like the clarity of the mix you did too. I tried to go for a bit more natural sound in this mix. Usually my mixes end up a bit more old school sounding anyways, but I'm fine with that because I'm getting old too. ;) I do it for fun anyways, and that was the case with this one. You should make an entire album of this, and bring out a deluxe version with raw tracks, just like Ola. :)

It's cool to hear different styles of mixes anyways, the four in the thread now all sound completely different. Btw, xthecavemanx, to me your first mix with the guitars lower sounded better.

As for your question, I used SD2 exclusively. But I took different parts from various kits using the x-drums options. For bass I used a Sansamp, but I think it turned out a bit too "swollen" now. For guitars, it's the Engl E570 preamp with Fryette 2502 poweramp and Mesa cab.

Fun song to work with! I do love me some tech death :headbang: Here's my crack at it!

Soundcloud version for instant playback (in shitty lo-fi mp3)