Chris!Question: "Wall"

Wonder-Chef

New Metal Member
Sep 19, 2008
I've been playing guitar for about a year, I really enjoy playing it. I've been told that I'm pretty good for the time I have been told by several people, even a professional Musician told me that.
But some days ago I've come across a "wall", by wall I mean a feeling that I can't evolve anymore, although I have good skills I'm not good enough to play some advanced stuff, and to be honest I don't know what to play or what to study in terms of music. Any advice?

I've been playing guitar for about a year, I really enjoy playing it. I've been told that I'm pretty good for the time I have been told by several people, even a professional Musician told me that.
But some days ago I've come across a "wall", by wall I mean a feeling that I can't evolve anymore, although I have good skills I'm not good enough to play some advanced stuff, and to be honest I don't know what to play or what to study in terms of music. Any advice?

WOW,

that is a huge question, especially without seeing you play. I would find a qualified teacher and see if he/she can push your ability.

Take care, Chris.

Hey again Chris,

I actually found my way "around" the wall, simply started studying some somewhat advanced theory, like Harmony, Chord voicing and building, and understanding how scales are built.

Thanks

Hey again Chris,

I actually found my way "around" the wall, simply started studying some somewhat advanced theory, like Harmony, Chord voicing and building, and understanding how scales are built.

Thanks

Good news!!!

I think you will find that the more you get under your belt the learning becomes endless.
Chris.