Chris, which Bareknuckles do you use?

ThunderQuest_Benn

New Metal Member
Aug 8, 2006
Hi.

I bought a RG 1527 last week, but I find the pickups are really muddy and lack clarity.
I since found out that you use the RG 1527 and Bareknuckles, which models do you use?
I'm looking at a Nailbomb bridge and a Cold Sweat neck.

Not trying to steal your tone, I was looking into Bareknuckles before I knew you used them. ;)

ThunderQuest_Benn said:
Hi.

I bought a RG 1527 last week, but I find the pickups are really muddy and lack clarity.
I since found out that you use the RG 1527 and Bareknuckles, which models do you use?
I'm looking at a Nailbomb bridge and a Cold Sweat neck.

Not trying to steal your tone, I was looking into Bareknuckles before I knew you used them. ;)

Hey ThunderQuest,
those are the pickups I use but I have them loaded with alnico V magnets.

Take care, Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Hey ThunderQuest,

Take care, Chris.

Did you have them calibrated so the neck pup didn't overpower the bridge?
Also how did you first hear about them?

Thanks again, Benn.

Edit: are you still using the Digitech, or have you switched? Any thoughts on Eventides?
Sorry about the barrage of questions.

ThunderQuest_Benn said:
Did you have them calibrated so the neck pup didn't overpower the bridge?
Also how did you first hear about them?

Thanks again, Benn.

Edit: are you still using the Digitech, or have you switched? Any thoughts on Eventides?
Sorry about the barrage of questions.

Hey Benn,

They are a well balanced set as they stand. I don't use the Digitech any more, just want' the sound I wanted. Eventide stuff is great but I don't know that I would use it in a live situation unless I could have a couple on hand.

Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Hey ThunderQuest,

Take care, Chris.

Chris,

Just found your forum and want to say I'm a huge JP and NM fan. Glad that you and Loomis are back together. Hope the tour is treating you well.

Anyway, had a question on your comment about using the Nailbomb with Alnico 5 mags. Aren't they loaded with those from the factory standard? Here's the descsription from the bareknuckle site:

Nailbomb humbucker

Chaos in a pickup. No nonsense attitude for huge, aggressive and harmonically rich assault. The Nailbomb humbucker was created for the player demanding a powerful pickup with exceptional organic tone and versatility.
Scatterwound by hand with 43 gauge plain enamel and using a vintage cut, unpolished Alnico V magnet for balanced bass, punchy mids and excellent top end articulation.

Double wax potted to eliminate michrophony and fitted with 4 conductor wire as standard. Sonic domination has never been this easy or sounded this good!

Available as bridge, neck or fully calibrated set with unique custom urban-camo cover.

Or did you mean you have the Cold Sweat loaded with Alnico 5's instead of Ceramic? What do you like about the A5 vs. Ceramics?

Thanks again,
Jeff in Houston

Chris,

Been hangin' at the Bareknuckle forum over the last month or so. Seems like Tim will pretty much make whatever the heck you want, huh? So what made you go with Alnico V mags?

Thanks,
Jeff

SliderJeff said:
Chris,

Just found your forum and want to say I'm a huge JP and NM fan. Glad that you and Loomis are back together. Hope the tour is treating you well.

Anyway, had a question on your comment about using the Nailbomb with Alnico 5 mags. Aren't they loaded with those from the factory standard? Here's the descsription from the bareknuckle site:

Nailbomb humbucker

Chaos in a pickup. No nonsense attitude for huge, aggressive and harmonically rich assault. The Nailbomb humbucker was created for the player demanding a powerful pickup with exceptional organic tone and versatility.
Scatterwound by hand with 43 gauge plain enamel and using a vintage cut, unpolished Alnico V magnet for balanced bass, punchy mids and excellent top end articulation.

Double wax potted to eliminate michrophony and fitted with 4 conductor wire as standard. Sonic domination has never been this easy or sounded this good!

Available as bridge, neck or fully calibrated set with unique custom urban-camo cover.

Or did you mean you have the Cold Sweat loaded with Alnico 5's instead of Ceramic? What do you like about the A5 vs. Ceramics?

Thanks again,
Jeff in Houston
Hey Jeff,

Tim recomended the V based on my description of what I wanted to hear.

Take care, Chris.