Chris, your playing style and transistion from Ibanez to Jackson.

Silverburst

New Metal Member
Jun 15, 2012
Hey Chris,

After I saw you on tour last year with Megadeth (and Slayer), and now just yesterday in Holland you inspired me a lot, thanks for that ;). You are doing a great job with Megadeth! So here goes my first post.

So it is only yesterday I noticed you were playing a Jackson compared to an Ibanez before, and I just discovered it was your signature model. Beautifull guitar...

Could you share a bit how you made your choices when you had this Jackon build? Compared to your former Ibanez's because this Jackson is quite differently speced when it comes to neck dimensions, fretboard radius, wood etc... How it plays and sounds differently to you.

I'm also looking forward to the release of you pick clip. Picks have te tendency to start traveling and rotating between my thumb and index so this might be a great help for me. I already tested some thumb picks but miss some shape and features of a normal pick. With a normal pick I seem to be wasting energy while I'm holding it firmly enough and yesterday it struck me again how your left and right hand movements are almost minimalistic. You don't waste any energy whatsover, very controlled, impressive. You initiated a new practicing target for me ;)

Thanks and good luck with the rest of the tour and I hope you enjoy Graspop in Belgium next weekend! Too bad I missed you around the tour bus, but thanks for tossing a pick in my hands. End result is that I only want to play the guitar more :dopey:

In regards to your questions about the design of the Jackson, hopefully this will be able to enlighten you at least a little bit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thx da.benson8r, quite some questions answered ! it was more or less the perfect video interview for my jackson vs Ibanez question ;) This also explaines why he use to play an Ibanez S when it comes to more curves fretboard radiuses ;)