Christ! New Katatonia Kicks Ass

StrangeInStereo

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2003
Filthydelphia
www.relapse.com
I heard a couple tracks off the new album, and all I can say is FUCK. I thought I was going to commit suicide from the last album. Now I'm going to have to perform Harikari on myself. So, anyone know how many albums they have left on their contract?

I think the normal number of records a band has to release is 6 if'm not wrong so that "would" be the last one, but i think it differs from contract to contract, maybe Anders can tell us :)
And for the songs, where the hell have you heard 'em, that is, where did you get them from?? :eek:
And you say it is more depressive, did i get you right?
Explain to me in which way!!
So looking forward to the new record :headbang:

Im hoping that this is last one in their contract (no offense Peaveville). I really would like to see them get proper promotion, etc., especially in the US. So maybe Anders could tell me......? Peter from Opeth had played some for me, so I don't actually have any recording. And yes, is alot darker (if you can imagine) than the last album. The vocals sounded great and it seemed like they aren't as upfront or as loud in the mix as they were in the last album. Lyrically, it is just as depressive as you can imagine. Unfortunately I was completely wasted and coudn't pay as much attention to it as I wanted.

Originally posted by StrangeInStereo
And yes, is alot darker (if you can imagine) than the last album. The vocals sounded great and it seemed like they aren't as upfront or as loud in the mix as they were in the last album. Lyrically, it is just as depressive as you can imagine.

That was the best you could tell me! Because that was one of my complaints about LFDGD. And what about the sound? Is it still as dynamic as on LFDGD? The drums for example.

Got some tracks today... Listen all of them twice and immediately deleted them... mp3 can suck ass, I wanna put normal CD in my stereo! Btw, guitar work is fucking incredible, Anders became in high league! Jonas's voice sounds like desperate cry and Dan made a really nice sound. Its fucking 2 years of waiting, right? We all can spend some money to the band and buy CD, do not DL fucking mp3 from warez shitty-sites!

Aaaaggh. I really hope the site is updated at some point. It's getting a bit frustrating not even knowing the name of the album. :erk:

Originally posted by Ormir
Aaaaggh. I really hope the site is updated at some point. It's getting a bit frustrating not even knowing the name of the album. :erk:

totally agreed! And I hope there won't be many people discussing about the new album before the release date, that's really annoying for the people who are eagerly waiting...

Originally posted by duga
Ehm, could we have at least the name of the album, pleeease?

from what i understand the name of the new Katatonia cd is "Game Over" if i am wrong, someone please correct me.

Can you compare the new album with something older
maybe........''discouraged ones'' for example btw whre i
can find the new songs..........please tell me