BMD reissue kicks ass

Hard to explain, but it's not quite the same. I mean, "volume" in the sense that the sound is kinda low, washed-out and not clear - not just in how low the actual volume was recorded. I want the normal, actual volume - it's kinda frustrating I have to always turn it up WAY louder to reach the right level - and even then, things sound "muddy."

And DAMN!!! The digipack looks FANTASTIC - I don't care what anyone else says.

The volume is a pain in the arse alright.
The Emperor DVD is woeful for that. Have to turn the TV up to near full volume for it.

oh please it has been re-MASTERED, not re-MIXED, so whatever differences u were hoping for.... well... yes have a nice day.

I realize it wasn't remixed. But you made it seem like a HUGE difference after it finally was mastered, which is not really the case. That's all I was saying. No need to get upset about it. It's still an improvement over the original, the bonus tracks are a nice addition, and the new layout is very well done.

Oh whow... that thing is... ... SEXXY! :worship:

If I would have money and if I wouldn't just have bought the "old" BMD version some time ago... I would surely buy it. Would... would would... maybe some day I WILL *chrchr*

Oh and by the way Martijn... though I can also just smile at the dark tranqullity logo... I'm missing THE couch :cry: ;) but thanx for posting the pics anyway!

Haha. You mean 3 hairs and one dust particle?? :lol:
Man, your flat is the cleanest place I've ever been to.
Really, haha!

No, there's newspapers and crap like that, it's amazing the piles of paper they toss through your mailbox this time of the year..
...and one of the prettiest :eek: ... too bad there's not enough space left for me to move in *lawl* :cool:
It's pretty spacy ;) And I made it a bit prettier since you were here, I bought a carpet and put a nice Sentenced poster on the wall over the dinner table :).

I still regret that I brought dirt in your house (the CD was so dusty...):erk:
:lol: Haha, you're not serious!

This is the couch now, no place to photograph a BMD CD as you can clearly see :)

messycouch006.jpg

I got it!!!11!!2@@ :hotjump: :heh:

The difference in sound is clear to hear, I wasn't expecting huge differences, but the sound is much less thin, especially the guitars and kick-drum sound more powerful and 'full'. Here are some pics of how it looks:

bmd008.jpg

bmd003.jpg

bmd007.jpg

bmd005.jpg

bmd006.jpg

which brings me to the issue of sexy blond jonas:kickass:
too bad i'm not gay though

Listened to it for the first time last night. It is good, not any major difference from the original release.So i wouldnt put it down as an essential release if you already own BMD.

The most notable differnces are Mikael vocals are cleared up. The overall tone of the album is much better and i`ve also noticed small things in some songs small guitar parts that i`d never heard before.