BMD reissue kicks ass

I finally got to hear it. You'll hear a difference compared to the original, but don't expect a massive difference. The biggest difference is the recording itself is louder. I also noticed that the bass parts are a little more audiable, the guitars a little fuller, and the vocals are a little clearer. Other than that it still sounds the same. It's worth getting if you love the album because it has been improved, but it's not quite the difference I was hoping for.

oh please it has been re-MASTERED, not re-MIXED, so whatever differences u were hoping for.... well... yes have a nice day.

oh please it has been re-MASTERED, not re-MIXED, so whatever differences u were hoping for.... well... yes have a nice day.

Hehe, that was great, but SO true. :lol: I mean, quite frankly, if it HAD been remixed that would have just sucked.

In any case, I fucking can't wait to get my hands on this. I think I'll be putting an order on it shortly. The fact that the "master" is louder now to me makes all the difference in the world as I've ALWAYS wondered why the original recording was in such low volume. Everything was great except the volume.

But as you know, these days, when the cover says re-mastered, the whole thing should have been re-recorded, re-mixed, re-mastered and the artwork should have been re-worked for the release. [/ironic]

I got it!!!11!!2@@ :hotjump: :heh:

The difference in sound is clear to hear, I wasn't expecting huge differences, but the sound is much less thin, especially the guitars and kick-drum sound more powerful and 'full'. Here are some pics of how it looks:

bmd008.jpg

bmd003.jpg

bmd007.jpg

bmd005.jpg

bmd006.jpg

Hehe, that was great, but SO true. :lol: I mean, quite frankly, if it HAD been remixed that would have just sucked.

In any case, I fucking can't wait to get my hands on this. I think I'll be putting an order on it shortly. The fact that the "master" is louder now to me makes all the difference in the world as I've ALWAYS wondered why the original recording was in such low volume. Everything was great except the volume.

I fail to see the problem here, you could just turn up the volume.

I fail to see the problem here, you could just turn up the volume.

Hard to explain, but it's not quite the same. I mean, "volume" in the sense that the sound is kinda low, washed-out and not clear - not just in how low the actual volume was recorded. I want the normal, actual volume - it's kinda frustrating I have to always turn it up WAY louder to reach the right level - and even then, things sound "muddy."

And DAMN!!! The digipack looks FANTASTIC - I don't care what anyone else says.

is peaceville the only place to order this at the moment or what other online distros?
I ordered it from a Dutch mailorder and some Finns here ordered it from Finnish distributors, so it's 'out there' now.

The digi looks nice indeed, I like it that they didn't completerly change the layout and artwork etc. I hate it when they do that on re-issues. Also the new info (about (re)mastering) and the SOD songtitles are added in the original font, which is nice. Also the liner notes of Anders inside the booklet are in the original font. I like.