BMD reissue kicks ass

Jonas' photo in the breeding death booklet(the black and white one with the rest of bloodbath) gave me nightmares...me fancying him is the least he deserves for that

Diabolical Masquerade – ‘Nightwork’ COMING EARLY 2007

Also, coming in January is a re-issue of the third album from Katatonia mastermind Anders Nystrom’s dark metallic & eerie solo-project, Diabolical Masquerade. Melodic & symphonic blackened metal and the perfect horror soundtrack, featuring a guest performance by Dan Swano on drums and additional keyboards. Originally released in 1998, 'Nightwork' has been re-mastered and includes the bonus track, 'Cryztalline Fiendz'.

Is this REALLY worth getting? To me we're talking about my favorite Katatonia album and I think it sounds great as is. Aside from some minor hissing noise (probaly from the analog recording I'm suspecting and not a perfect mastering process) I would have to hear it to believe it. Then what, I sell my original Brave Murder CD if I bought it?

Seriously though, Tonight's Decision and Dance of December Souls is in more dire need of remastering then the original Brave Murder Day CD.

I can't for one gurantee you will fully notice the difference

YOu may do do so fully
You may a bit
or not at all
So I would not tell you to take the plunge without trying first
But seek to compare

I Have already compared it too my Century Media release;
There is a difference -
I noticed the volume is a bit louder, especially on Day
I cannot not judge whether from anothers subjective point of view you will
see the worth in getting it

Is this REALLY worth getting?
YES!
To me we're talking about my favorite Katatonia album and I think it sounds great as is. Aside from some minor hissing noise (probaly from the analog recording I'm suspecting and not a perfect mastering process) I would have to hear it to believe it. Then what, I sell my original Brave Murder CD if I bought it?
Of course not, keep it.
Seriously though, Tonight's Decision and Dance of December Souls is in more dire need of remastering then the original Brave Murder Day CD.
As already said several times on here, BMD before was never mastered AT ALL. The re-issue is the first time it has ever been mastered. So it's not RE-mastered, simply mastered for the very first time evah. And the difference is clearly audible, the bass drum has more bass, more body to it. The original sounds very clicky and it still does, but it now has more bass, like a bass drum should have. The same goes for the guitarsound, it sounds fuller, with more body.

Of course it's not a remix, so the differences are pretty small, but as said, clearly audible and will most definitely make for a better and more intense experience of the album!

You even get the Sounds Of Decay tracks as bonus, finally these two 'brother' releases have been united on one disc!

You're still 'ere? Get oot and buy it! It's mid-price, too..

It does not respond real well on my cd player
it fact it dosn't play - That's more of a problem with the player not being good at reading all CDs
but fine on my computer so subsequently added it too my zen player without any drama or hasel

I finally got this, and it's fantastic! BMD is my favorite Katatonia album and SOD is my favorite EP by them, so this works well for me. Liners notes are great as well, and very informative. Much better than the TD/LFDGD digipacks that didn't even have a booklet. I highly recommend this release.

The only bad thing I can say is that there's no mention of anything about SOD anywhere in the packaging, and no info about it, so they seem just like plain bonus tracks instead of a whole different release on the end of the album. Also, it would have been cool if they'd tracked Untrue onto the end as an outro. :p Then again, the end of Inside the Fall is sexcellent, so...

In any case, I'm very happy with this reissue and I'll definitely be ordering the Discouraged Ones reissue right when it comes out in February.

got myself a copy recently. it really is great. it has made me appreciate the album so much more and the notes from anders are great.

Is this REALLY worth getting? To me we're talking about my favorite Katatonia album and I think it sounds great as is. Aside from some minor hissing noise (probaly from the analog recording I'm suspecting and not a perfect mastering process) I would have to hear it to believe it. Then what, I sell my original Brave Murder CD if I bought it?

Ummm, why would you have to sell your original BMD CD? Are you the same GreenTea who posts on a whole bunch of other message boards? If so I've noticed a trend with you...you're a retard.

i got the BMD reissue.

love the artwork and the colours.

there definitely is a better sound on this one, so the overall feeling is that the artwork + mastered audio + sounds of decay ep as a bonus make this a MUST-BUY ;)

Sounds of Decay is my favorite Katatonia after the first 2 and it's perfect at the end of brave murder day. essential