Christian Death Metal band listing

Neslepaks said:
Deicide is satanic, ergo they belive in God and satan, ergo christian.

I have to agree, they are not "Christian" in that way, but as the belief in Satan is exclusive to Christianity then, Deicide and the like are influenced by Christianity.

Where as the likes of Amon Amarth take there influence from the pre-christian Pagan beliefs, so that wouldn't be Christian.

I know AA weren't mentioned but just trying to make a point

Yeah, Christianity stole the Pagan holy sites for their churches.

They take "Civilisation" to the savage hordes.

I think Christian Metal makes sense to be honest, because thinking aout it, some of the most "Evil" and dispicable acts in history have been carried by Christians, in the name of God.

ok i havent read the whole thread but, i think that if youre stupid enough to care about a bands religious beliefs then die, please. i know that saying "oh theyre a christian band" does seem sketchy but you have to put that aside, Horde isn't bad, stupid, but not bad. though i do not understand why christians would play music that is basically against god and such is beyond me but there are good bands such as christian doom gods Paramaecium and Worship.

A closed hand cannot receive... If you think Christians are the same basically as Pagans, you are too closed-minded already to even think about them not being, so I won't even go there since there was already a bad event in the thread that was on here before "Satanism and Metal."

I'm Christian and practicing and I listen to metal, MightyDrynwhyl , wanna know why? Becuz with most of the music that is anti-my beliefs, you can hardly tell just what they're saying unless you really care. Most generic doom/satan/eviil lyrics are boring and uninspiring anyway, so I zone them out to focus on the instrument work. I wholeheartedly respect musicians who leave religion out of their music because if they have to bring that element in, you can tell that they're obviously out of ideas or don't have the brains to write deeper and better lyrics. Just like the music, I zone out anti-Christian sayings and posts on this board, as I'm sure you do my Christian beliefs if they come in.

NocturnalSun said:
A closed hand cannot receive... If you think Christians are the same basically as Pagans, you are too closed-minded already to even think about them not being, so I won't even go there since there was already a bad event in the thread that was on here before "Satanism and Metal."

Seeing as how this topic is about Christianity and Death Metal...The major source of fuel for the fire of hatred must,of course be the bible, no bible then no need to hate the teachings of it Like Ross Dolan says "No Jesus, No Beast" these things are the creation of Christians, by their evil deeds they bring this hatred upon themselves...

Christians aren't pagans, Christians stole a lot of Pagan beliefs and land and then killed the ones who resisted.

And as for ignoring the lyrics, that is just stupid in my opinion, the reason I like bands like Immolation and "Anti-Christian" bands is because I felt a great deal of Anti-Christian thoughts anyway, I hated Christianity before I got into Metal, not the other way round, in fact it was one of the things that drew me to certain bands, it was something I could relate to.

Again, I am like a fish in the middle of a desert... aren't there ANY more Christians on here? jeez dude it's like I'm the little kid getting beat up by a bunch o pplz here... just because I'm a Christian, I am persecuted for my beliefs...

Christians aren't pagans, Christians stole a lot of Pagan beliefs and land and then killed the ones who resisted.
ahh yes ignorance is bliss isn't it? you'd like to believe what you say, wouldn't you? of course or you wouldn't be saying it. Just because you think it is real doesn't mean it IS. this generation has brought with it a feeling of "If I don't like it, I'm gonna change it to where I do like it or not like it at all" and that, to me, is a really bad trend. Of course, you can fire back at me and say well the same goes for religion. Of course it does, that's the very root of faith. Faith is belief in the unknown and thus, blind.

Damn I need to start realizing that I'm on a metal forum on the net where nobody gives 2 shits about freedom of religion. haha I might just have 2 leave UM and go to an all-American metal board. I'm the minority anyway so why not kill off the minority... anyone here think i should leave? im all 4 it. later pplz

Tolerance, my friends... that's the key-word!
And the problem isn't really Christianity... it's more the fuckin* church, that enslaves people!

But if I say Christian BLACK METAL is stupid, I mean it's stupid because BLACK METAL is the satanic metal section and meant to be.
WHITE METAL... "Jesus love you yeah yeah"
Where is the old Metal rebellion??

Christian DEATH METAL... hmm, ok...
I think DM should have sth. to do with religions or satanic stuff (Deicide sucks too, yes) - but thats only my opinion...
DEATH METAL for me is more the spiritual thing...
Morbid Angel&Co with sumerian inspired lyrics
Unleashed&Co with pagan/nordic inspired...
Immolation&Co - the antireligíous stuff (thats not satanic!) even ok
And Mortification was even ok until they started singing about "Praise the holy father... he safed me... when I prayed blabla" (ok, that was already Thrash Metal area)
As long as nobody wants to "convert" somebody with his beliefs... ok call it White Death Metal. No prob. I don't even want to steal everyone's rights of free development and will.

So. Now close this thread haha
I hate serious discussions!

The gods of emptiness shall be with you...

NocturnalSun said:
Again, I am like a fish in the middle of a desert... aren't there ANY more Christians on here? jeez dude it's like I'm the little kid getting beat up by a bunch o pplz here... just because I'm a Christian, I am persecuted for my beliefs...

ahh yes ignorance is bliss isn't it? you'd like to believe what you say, wouldn't you? of course or you wouldn't be saying it.

I am not persecuting you, If I came to you house, raped your wife, set fire to your horse and turned your temple into a place for worshipping...I dunno...Optimus Prime, then that would be Persecution. If I told you your god was shit with a sword in my hand and forced you to believe what I tell you, that would be persecution. Sound familiar...

Not only Death Metal contains this, some great songs that speak of the Evils of the Church and directly to what I'm talking about

Running Wild - Conquistidores - Hmm...4 million dead Aztecs and native south Americans...killed by Christians searching for gold and holy relics...Ignorance is bliss, yes it certainly is Nocturnal Sun, you seemed to not know about that, or not care. 1492 ring a bell

Grave Digger - Knights of The Cros - The whole album basically is about the inquisition and the killing of "Heretics" that is some one who's religious belief is different from yours, because the Pope says so.

I don't really want to go on, I don't think you should leave, and I don't mean that so we can continue Anti-Religious threads, but when religion is involved it will obviously come up in conversation...and your blind devotion saying "Faith this and Beliefs that", you won't even aknowledge plain and blatant fact, Christians took much land and also beliefs from Pagan people's, Christmas day, for example, 25th december was a pagan holiday. I think you need to learn to aknowledge that Christianity has done some bad things...Another song springs to mind...

Iced Earth - Brainwashed

Anyway, I don't like any religion, Muslims trying to kill everyone ( and themselves at the same time) and also woman are seen as scum to them. Jews, I won't even start on Jews...them crazy Hare Krishna people, who can save the world by singing and dancing :yell:

So the church's past is etched in blood. Who here sins? yeah we ALL do. Don't bring the past up to bring down the current followers. I didn't go and take the lands did I? So it's not my fault cuz I had no say in the matter. I certainly think the inquisition/crusades were totally wrong and never should have happened, but those were commanded by a human, and as you know humans are weak and we tend to make a TON of bad choices. GOD did not tell the pope back then to take the lands by force, in fact he even said 'preach to the cities you come to. Come in and eat with those who accept you, but shake your sandle to those who do not and leave.'

Wait asecond... conquistadores? u mean Cortez and his slaughter of the Aztecs? He was not Christian. He even pretended to be their 'god' just so he can take gold and kill them all (look at a history book). It worked, too.

Anyway, ya I guess this ain't persecution, b ut I had numerous people post in the satanism and metal thread saying to me 'you damn christian, you're all blind, you should die because your beliefs suck, you aren't christian for listening to metal dumbass.' and stuff...

NocturnalSun said:
Wait asecond... conquistadores? u mean Cortez and his slaughter of the Aztecs? He was not Christian. He even pretended to be their 'god' just so he can take gold and kill them all (look at a history book). It worked, too.
Of course Cortez was christian. He was from Spain, and everybody from Spain in that time was a christian. Everybody. But the slaughter of the Aztecs was his idea, and not Spains. What he did wasn't christian, but I do belive he thought of himself as one. And many (most?) of the Aztecs died because of plauges.

NocturnalSun said:
So the church's past is etched in blood. Who here sins? yeah we ALL do. Don't bring the past up to bring down the current followers. I didn't go and take the lands did I? So it's not my fault cuz I had no say in the matter. I certainly think the inquisition/crusades were totally wrong and never should have happened, but those were commanded by a human, and as you know humans are weak and we tend to make a TON of bad choices. GOD did not tell the pope back then to take the lands by force, in fact he even said 'preach to the cities you come to. Come in and eat with those who accept you, but shake your sandle to those who do not and leave.'

Anyway, ya I guess this ain't persecution, b ut I had numerous people post in the satanism and metal thread saying to me 'you damn christian, you're all blind, you should die because your beliefs suck, you aren't christian for listening to metal dumbass.' and stuff...

I am with you dude. I am a christian and i listen to metal. I have to be honest, i am not a death metal fan because of the satanic lyrics i.e Cradle of Filth, but it does not stop me listening to the music if i think it is good music. No i don't listen to bands like slayer although reign in blood has to be one of the best albums ever made, but i don't listen to it because they hail satan so much in their music. For me if people go on about you are christian and you should not listen to metal, i say fuck it, then it means that i am not supposed to watch most movies these days..... It does not mean that i take whatever the singer says up and analize it. Fair enough, you can't always ignore what the person is singing, but i think that is why i mostly listen to bands like sepultura and anathema and their is alot of bands out their that doesn't sing about religion.

Neslepaks said:
Of course Cortez was christian. He was from Spain, and everybody from Spain in that time was a christian. Everybody. But the slaughter of the Aztecs was his idea, and not Spains. What he did wasn't christian, but I do belive he thought of himself as one. And many (most?) of the Aztecs died because of plauges.
worst post ever.
poeple were not necessarly christian o_O

NocturnalSun said:

Those attacks weren't necessarily directed at you, it appeared to me as though they were directed at the religion in general. And while I'm not attacking you, I definately believe 95% of those critiques were justified. Pull a Christian aside and ask him, "Why do you believe what you believe?", and nine times out of ten, by the the time the discourse has ended, they won't have anything solid to stand upon. Christianity (along with most other religions) does not encourage the questioning of things. And how can one possibly understand it if it is not questioned? Most Christians are Christian not of their choosing, but because it is their birthright: their parents were Christian and their parents were Christian and their parents were Christian and so forth. Consequently, the newest generation adheres to their religion less because it is a proper spiritual authority and more because they are heirs to their beliefs.

I think one of the best passages exemplifying some of the central weaknesses of the religion lie in Voltaire's A Plea For Tolerance and Reason, in which he writes the folllowing on Christian Dogma:

"...Is Jesus the Word? If He be the Word, did He emanate from God in time or before time? If He emanated from God, is He co-eternal and cosubstantial with Him, or is He of a similar substance? Is He distinct from Him, or is He not? Is He made or begotten? Can He beget in His turn? Has He paternity? or productive virtue without paternity? Is the Holy Ghost made? or begotten? or produced? or proceeding from the Father? or proceeding from the Son? or proceeding from both? Can He begat? can He produce? is His hypostasis cosubstantial with the hypostasis of the Father and the Son? and how is it that, having the same nature-the same essence as the Father and the Son, He cannot do the same things done by these persons who are Himself? Assuredly, I understand none of this; no one has ever understood any of it, and that is why we have slaughtered one another..."

Again, I'm not attacking you NocturnalSun, don't take it that way. I'm just trying to give you some insight as to why you are being met with some of the criticisms being given to you.

If everybody in Spain was a Christian, then it is Cortez's fault for what he did as a HUMAN. we have free will and can then do whatever we want under those circumstances. If he strayed from the church, so be it. For those that believe in heaven & hell, I highly doubt you'll see Cortez in the first one.

Now onto Voltaire's writing. It seems to me this is not a statement, but rather a thought process fleshed out in words. Because of the criticism on the other thread, I am now posting this to eliminate further troubles:

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this post cannot be proven right and cannot be proven wrong. It is not factual, yet it is not fiction. The author of this post [NOCTURNALSUN] has a right to ignore all posts after this claiming that what has been said cannot be proven to be true.
jeez.... people and the political correctness nowadays...

Okay, Jesus was conceived without sex by Mary. He was born from her, thus making him human (but with the essence of God within him, also called Divine Intervention) He became that way so he could relate to all of us, but at the same time preach God's word. the HOLY SPIRIT is NOT a human being, is NOT an animal, and isn't even a BEING persay. IT is a spiritual thing that is given to Christians after they receive the sacrament of Confirmation. Voltaire talks of God and Jesus being BOTH human when he refers to his human state questions. He does not take into effect that the word 'father' does not mean genetically. Father is a word used to describe the primary male caregiver to a child. the Father that is God is the primary caregiver of Jesus, and that is why he is referred to as Abba (translation: father).

being human carries with it two important properties. A conscience (free will) and a short life span (guaranteed death). Since Jesus was human, he was no different than us. Why would we even question his ability to reproduce? Jesus could just have easily married and had kids, but he chose not to by his free will.

That clear up anything?
I don't think I would be lumped into that '9 out of 10 Christians' category, because given time, I can explain what I believe in.

NocturnalSun said:
I don't think I would be lumped into that '9 out of 10 Christians' category, because given time, I can explain what I believe in.

First off, you missed the boat on Voltaire's writing. I would advise you read it again.

But more importantly, I want to focus on the end of the statement, which I have here. Of course (given time) anyone can explain what they believe in, but the question I posed was Why do you believe what you believe.

Generation_Speedkill said:
Metal = not Christian
Chrisitian = not metal
Thank you for saying absolutely NOTHING :) pathetic...

Anyway, I believe in what I believe in because it is the only acceptable reason for creation (God). Science can't dictate how everything begun/came to be because of the rule of conservation of energy: "Energy Cannot Be Created NOR Destroyed". It is the only explanation of why we are here that seems reasonable. Of course I don't expect you to understand me when I say that because you cannot read my mind. In fact, I'm betting those 9 out of 10 Christians can't properly formulate a reason for why they believe in what they believe simply because when something this deep isa asked, few can find the words to express it properly.

If you are not a Christian, why don't you answer why you believe in what you believe in? Can you even find a reason for why you believe Christians are so in the wrong about their faith?