Christian Death Metal band listing

Anyway, I believe in what I believe in because it is the only acceptable reason for creation (God). Science can't dictate how everything begun/came to be because of the rule of conservation of energy: "Energy Cannot Be Created NOR Destroyed".It is the only explanation of why we are here that seems reasonable.

What is God?

If you are not a Christian, why don't you answer why you believe in what you believe in?

The only knowledge I possess in the matter of spiritual belief is aporia.

Can you even find a reason for why you believe Christians are so in the wrong about their faith?

Regarding the faith issue, the faith is not the problem. The problem is that the faith lies within a religion that is inherently destructive, disturbing violent, and morally fatal.

Regarding the faith issue, the faith is not the problem. The problem is that the faith lies within a religion that is inherently destructive, disturbing violent, and morally fatal.
How so? it is not the RELIGION that is destructive, as it is dictated in the 10 commandments that thou shalt not kill, steal, commit adultery, etc. It is the HUMANS that call themselves Christians and yet still do evil things that ruin it for all the good true Christians.

hmm.... what is God? go read a fuckin book. It usually takes a lifetime to truly understand what 'God' is and I don't have the time to sit here and dictate it to you to try and prove you wrong.

and lastly what is this 'aporia' you refer to? i have no knowledge of this thing, so explain

NocturnalSun said:
How so? it is not the RELIGION that is destructive, as it is dictated in the 10 commandments that thou shalt not kill, steal, commit adultery, etc. It is the HUMANS that call themselves Christians and yet still do evil things that ruin it for all the good true Christians.

hmm.... what is God? go read a fuckin book. It usually takes a lifetime to truly understand what 'God' is and I don't have the time to sit here and dictate it to you to try and prove you wrong.

and lastly what is this 'aporia' you refer to? i have no knowledge of this thing, so explain

I'll work backwards.

Aporia is a philosphical term meaning knowledge of one's own ignorance. Socrates believed that the highest knowledge an individual could attain was aporia.

If it takes a lifetime to truly understand God, are you saying you don't understand?

The Ten Commandments are a part of the Holy Bible, and that is where the wretchedness lies. It doesn't matter that there may some good or true points to it, the vast majority of it (particularly the Old Testament), is startlingly inhumane.

like what in the OT? as I have said, religion is not the problem. It's the people who interpret it that have the problem. If an untangible knowledge in the mind that dictates proper honorable, decent morals is to blame, then call me John Fuckin Kennedy.

this aporia I still don't understand. Knowledge of your own ignorance... hmm could THIS be the reason you dislike Christians so much? because you're IGNORANT? ignorance is bliss, I suppose... go ahead and enjoy your 'aporia' ignorance and I'll enjoy my Christian spiritual life.

And btw yes I am saying I do not truly know EVERY SINGLE ASPECT there is to know about God. I do know what God is, though. I am not going to dictate it to you, though. They make religion classes for this sort of thing, you know.

NocturnalSun said:
like what in the OT? as I have said, religion is not the problem. It's the people who interpret it that have the problem. If an untangible knowledge in the mind that dictates proper honorable, decent morals is to blame, then call me John Fuckin Kennedy.

this aporia I still don't understand. Knowledge of your own ignorance... hmm could THIS be the reason you dislike Christians so much? because you're IGNORANT? ignorance is bliss, I suppose... go ahead and enjoy your 'aporia' ignorance and I'll enjoy my Christian spiritual life.

And btw yes I am saying I do not truly know EVERY SINGLE ASPECT there is to know about God. I do know what God is, though. I am not going to dictate it to you, though. They make religion classes for this sort of thing, you know.

These, for starters

Clearly, you don't understand aporia, with a statement like that. Let's evaluate our respective points: I acknowledge I know nothing of God, while you yourself think you know, but your answers prove that you do not.

Also, have you not gathered that I am a Christian? (Though I admitt, I am currently undergoing a major re-evaluation of all things religious).

You can believe in God and live an incredibly spiritual life without being Chrsitian. I asked you clarify why you made this your choice, and you have not
done so. So again, "Why do you believe what you believe?"

I could not answer this question because I did know the answer myself; I did not understand. In order to truly adhere to these beliefs, you must be able to explain why you hold them in the firts place.

NocturnalSun said:

First off, Ffanatic is not attacking you, he is simply making a statment.

Second, I have known Ffanatic for a long time and he was raised as a Catholic.

Third, this aporia subject is not a hard concept to grasp. All you need to do is be aware that you do not know everything and openly acknowledge this. Which by the way you sort of did.

Fourth, how can you really know what God is? Rather obtuse concept really. Everyone states that all the contradictions in the Bible are God's plan are basically our inability to grasp what he really wants. Even preists state this so I believe a better thing to say is you have an idea about God or you know an certain aspect about Him.

Basically, what I am saying is that you are at the tip of making a descent, if not a rather good, arguemnt. You just need to word it better man and you will get better responses.

It's not that I purposely tried to dodge them, it's the fact that I can't put it into words properly. I hate to fall back on it, but I'm only 15 so i would hope that you wouldn't expect me to know everything. I'm sorry I got the words wrong up there when I said I do know a little of what God is. You put it right - I have a good IDEA of what God is.

And that link I was given up there..... whooo boy what a diluted piece of shit that is. First off, I am not Baptist, I am Catholic and certainly do not share some of their ideas. Do you by any chance know how many different versions of the bible there have been made? They are clearly reading from a different bible adjusted to suit their ideas. The actual OT is the one found in the Vatican. War is not justified in any means, no matter what editing of the Bible someone does. Killing is most certainly a DON'T, but this particular group of Baptists believes it justified if it is done in the name of the Lord. How pathetic. You cannot rightfully take someone's life, because you are not God. No war is justifiable by religious means. I know you are very tempted to bring up the crusades here, but don't. The past is gone and the actions were horrible, yet human. God did not condone any war, making that site hypocritical.

lastly, ffanatic, how can you turn around and ask me the same question that not even you can answer? If you don't know why you believe in what you do, you can't expect me to know either. I'd say we're at the same point almost except for a few different views, but we are both at the same point in figuring out why we believe what we believe.

Reactions: Abou
I did not mean to cause offence, I wanted you to think about something, the pope is God's representative on Earth, Is what the pope says not God working through him?

As you said you are only 15, when you get a bit older and start to think about what you believe I believe it will change, as do most people's religious views at a certain age.

Yes I said that "Think about what you believe"... many people have blind faith without questioning.

What is God, I believe, anyway that God is everything, the air, the trees, the cars, the stone, everything, but at the same time nothing, because belief in an all powerful supreme being I find quite silly. So I don't pretend to know, but Christians do pretend, how can they even begin to fathom what god is and preach as if they know it for a fact?

I studied Physics to quite a high level and the current theory is that The universe was created by 2 alternate realities colliding in 11th dimensional space, it's called the M theory, bit of an update of the Superstring Theory, but it makes more sense to me than the bastard Jewish son of a Christian God.

If you are a Catholic will you let that rule your life, will you never have sex until you're married? Will you never use contraception? Will you allow a mythical dismissing finger from on high rule your life? I don't know which would be sadder, If you remained a "Catholic" and just did what you wanted and became a hypocrite, or will you let it rule your life and be miserable.

These are the questions, I'm not advocating any sort of Nihilism or Hedonism here, so don't get me wrong.

You hate being told what to believe, what do you think happens everytime you go to Church?

The Bible : The Answer To A Question No-One Asked, Nor Cared About

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
I did not mean to cause offence, I wanted you to think about something, the pope is God's representative on Earth, Is what the pope says not God working through him?

As you said you are only 15, when you get a bit older and start to think about what you believe I believe it will change, as do most people's religious views at a certain age.

Yes I said that "Think about what you believe"... many people have blind faith without questioning.

What is God, I believe, anyway that God is everything, the air, the trees, the cars, the stone, everything, but at the same time nothing, because belief in an all powerful supreme being I find quite silly. So I don't pretend to know, but Christians do pretend, how can they even begin to fathom what god is and preach as if they know it for a fact?

I studied Physics to quite a high level and the current theory is that The universe was created by 2 alternate realities colliding in 11th dimensional space, it's called the M theory, bit of an update of the Superstring Theory, but it makes more sense to me than the bastard Jewish son of a Christian God.

If you are a Catholic will you let that rule your life, will you never have sex until you're married? Will you never use contraception? Will you allow a mythical dismissing finger from on high rule your life? I don't know which would be sadder, If you remained a "Catholic" and just did what you wanted and became a hypocrite, or will you let it rule your life and be miserable.

These are the questions, I'm not advocating any sort of Nihilism or Hedonism here, so don't get me wrong.

You hate being told what to believe, what do you think happens everytime you go to Church?

The Bible : The Answer To A Question No-One Asked, Nor Cared About
The pope is God's representative, but nobody is perfect. Power corrupts, no matter who it is given to.

Faith is supposed to be blind because the very fabric of it is 'belief in the unknown'. what could be blinder?

If you listened to me back there, you would have known that I do not pretend to know what God is. I have a good IDEA of what he is, while not claiming to know exactly what he is by factual sources.

I probably will remain a Catholic all my life because what some people find hard and miserable is not all that hard to me. Like holding out for marriage. Nothing about that makes my life miserable.

I am not FORCED to be Christian. My parents have told me that I can be anything religious or even nonreligious, but I choose this because it is what I think is right. You choose your own way to live because you think it is right also.

Until somebody can prove religion wrong, I will believe, because religion cannot be proven false, but at the same time cannot be proven true. This is very difficult for most people to grasp because human thought tells us to do what we want. Most people think this concept of believing in the unknown is utter madness and similar to a sci-fi person believin there's aliens in the Syran planer that anal probe him. its sad most do not have the strength to believe in God

You obviously have strength in your convictions and that is to be respected. The end of the day, do what makes you happy, and be happy in what you believe.

You seem as though you are happy so good for you.

But as the original topic disappeared long ago, I'll try to get back on track.

I think just playing the style of music "Death Metal" or "Black Metal" but changing the lyrcs to be about god and Jesus (In a positive way) is acceptable.

But to be a Christian band and adopt Christian ethics in your every day like, and then to do a cover of "No Jesus, No Beast" is wrong, but I have always thought that the content and lyric defined the genre, music on it's own with no feeling or emotion (even if it is one of hate) does not interest me.

That is my thought on the "Christian Death Metal"

Of course in America if you aren't alligned with God you can't sell records in "The South" the Bible belt and all, alledgedly the band Evenesence are christian, so now they can sell records to little Christian kiddies and their parents will have clean consciences.

Sadly nowadays...

God = MTV

I said stop this thread... and now, what happened... hehe
The statements becoming more and more pathetic and naive... especially the "Christian one" - sorry but that's only my objective view.

The churck killed millions of people and is still killing (that's not only a past area 'failure')... and brainwashed even millions more!

God? I even believe in a kind of god... nearly everybody believes in a higher thing. I don't have to be in a organised religion (opium for the masses!) for that.

etc. etc. etc.

PS: @MetallicaSux "i am not a death metal fan because of the satanic lyrics i.e Cradle of Filth" hahahahaa - are you really into Metal when you describe Cradle as DeathMetal band hahahaaaa fuck don't discuss if you can't raise your knowledge over girlie magazine - metal rubrics

I can go along with what someone said before.

Metal = Not Christian.

Because, metal as a music genre is about being against the norm, (except Nu-Metal), so I see it as free-thinking and finding your own way, not conforming to what you are "fed"

So I suppose if you look at the original meaning of the word Satan, Hebrew word for Adversery, it is literally "Against" the norm.

I have thus far avoided down right abuse, I just have a feeling that people who are "Christian" will change their mind when they get to a certain age and/or intelligence.

"Believe in yourself and all gods die"

Anyone know where that is from?

I have an idea why Jesus is called the Good Shepard, because he leads Sheep.

BAA!

And on that note this thread is silly... Metal > Christianity, Islam, Jewism

haha! NocturnalSun, you do realize that landover baptist is just a parody of all those other relgious sites don't you? Anyway I used to be Catholic and went to a Catholic School too. I think the school itself actually made me turn away from the church faster. Granted, I proabably would have renounced my religion anyway, I think it just catalyzed my conversion to my godless agnosticism.

chemicalburn said:
haha! NocturnalSun, you do realize that landover baptist is just a parody of all those other relgious sites don't you? Anyway I used to be Catholic and went to a Catholic School too. I think the school itself actually made me turn away from the church faster. Granted, I proabably would have renounced my religion anyway, I think it just catalyzed my conversion to my godless agnosticism.

Yep, Catholics will do that to you...A lot of my Dad's Catholic "Friends" stopped talking to him because my Mum was a Protestant.

If Religion had won, they would be obliged to hate each other out of principle.

So Fuck Catholic And Protestant...They'll all be in Hell, burning together.

So Fuck Catholic And Protestant...They'll all be in Hell, burning together.
oh thanks! at what point did an intelligent religious argument turn into an all-out religion bash-a-thon? Apparently I stole your girlfriend, raped your mom, killed your dog, and set your house on fire the way you're acting. granted, yes it is your opinion, but that attack was unprovoked and an act of random rage and totally uncalled for. Chill the HELL OUT. and get back to the topic.

Death Metal has become so polluted with pentagrams, 666, satan, and everything simply for the publicity/media it draws. If you talk to most of the bands that use it in their lyrics like Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, and plenty others, they will tell you that they are not really satanic as their lyrics suggest. It is solely for attention/media.

"Death Metal has become so polluted with pentagrams, 666, satan, and everything simply for the publicity/media it draws."

I think you mean Black Metal again... even the bands you've listed are not Death Metal, but ok... general in Metal:
Most of the satanic are more a kind of rebellion against the judeo-christian front who think everybody should believe like they do.

Intollerant and close-minded people are one of the greatest problems of mankind...