Christian Metal

I go away for a few days and come back to a thread that I actually want to reply to! Who knew? :lol:

By "that part of the world" do you mean Finland specifically, or Scandanavia in general? If the second, there is definitely a list of good ones to choose from, starting with Immortal Souls. I can make a list if you'd like :)

I was thinking of Finland in particular. --Although, if the media reports we see are accurate, belief and faith in Christian-based religions in Europe are ebbing at historic lows across most of Europe.

How are Rackets & Drapes NOT on YOUR list too? *crosses arms, taps foot* :Smug:

they're not metal - i didn't list all the goth/electronic xian stuff.

These are the other two bands mentioned here that I don't know at all. Got any recommendations on where to start with them?

'The Showdown' are great! thier sound reminds me a lot of trivium. they only have a couple records, so get them both! and I don't know 'day of fire' either.

You ever hear of Deborah, Immortal Souls, A.W.A.S., Discern, Feast Eternal, Sacrificium, Frost Like ashes? They are all excellent Chrisitan bands.

You ever hear of Deborah, Immortal Souls, A.W.A.S., Discern, Feast Eternal, Sacrificium, Frost Like ashes? They are all excellent Chrisitan bands.

I've heard of all of those except Deborah and A.W.A.S. I have music by all the rest. Feast Eternal and Immortal Souls are really great, but Sacrificium holds a special place in my heart. Do you have the Cross Rhythms Extreme Music Sampler set? All of these bands (except those two) are on them. I have 4 discs, which I think is the complete collection but they might have released more that I'm unaware of. The discs might be hard to find, but if you can get your hands on them through eBay or something, I'd recommend it. It could possibly be one of the best collection of heavy Christian bands out there.

I've heard of all of those except Deborah and A.W.A.S. I have music by all the rest. Feast Eternal and Immortal Souls are really great, but Sacrificium holds a special place in my heart. Do you have the Cross Rhythms Extreme Music Sampler set? All of these bands (except those two) are on them. I have 4 discs, which I think is the complete collection but they might have released more that I'm unaware of. The discs might be hard to find, but if you can get your hands on them through eBay or something, I'd recommend it. It could possibly be one of the best collection of heavy Christian bands out there.

I will have to check it out and see if I can find it out there.
Deborah is excellent in my opinion they have a video up on YouTube That is how I found them.
A.W.A.S. is pretty good, not outstanding death metal but they are pretty decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it rocks, it rocks, if it sucks, it sucks.

This sums it up pretty perfectly for me. I'm ever-so-slightly anti-religion, but I loves me some Christian metal from time to time. No way I'm gonna turn away good music just because it doesn't mesh with my beliefs. A few favorites:

Homesick For Heaven
Horde
Trouble

I've been meaning to check out Narnia for a few years now, but I haven't done so. I'll probably check 'em out on YouTube once I get off work.

Here are some Christian metal/hard rock/rock bands I like:

Stryper
Deliverance
Rob Rock
Tourniquet
Disciple
Pillar
Kutless
Seventh Day Slumber
Blindside
Hawk Nelson
Skillet
Demon Hunter
Mortification
Bloodgood
Barren Cross
Bride
Guardian
The Showdown
Whitecross
Flyleaf
Day Of Fire
Thousand Foot Krutch
Ultimatum
Destroying Darkness
Believer
Petra (their more rocking stuff)

Here are some Christian metal/hard rock/rock bands I like:

Stryper
Deliverance
Rob Rock
Tourniquet
Disciple
Pillar
Kutless
Seventh Day Slumber
Blindside
Hawk Nelson
Skillet
Demon Hunter
Mortification
Bloodgood
Barren Cross
Bride
Guardian
The Showdown
Whitecross
Flyleaf
Day Of Fire
Thousand Foot Krutch
Ultimatum
Destroying Darkness
Believer
Petra (their more rocking stuff)
:headbang::kickass:

I wanted to post a few videos of bands for most part I don't think were mentioned:

Lightmare (Germany)

For a medley sample of their music:
http://www.myspace.com/lightmarerocks

These two videos are from their upcoming album:

Autumn of Life:

River of Life:

From the album The Fool (awesome CD!):

HB- (Finland)
Hanki Elamä (meaning God Has All Glory) (Live at Turkuhalli)

Herralle Kiitos (Live at Turkuhalli)

God Has All Glory= (rearranged)= 'It Is Time' Official Video (english version):

Sea of Dreams (Norway)

Check out samples of their album Land of Flames to get a good idea of it, click on MP3 clips, then Land of Flames:
http://home.online.no/~toare/hjemme1.htm

(Not the strongest songs on the album but an ok representation of what they're about)

Land of Flames:

Morning Rain:

The last artist sampled but its from their first album I believe though (the more recent album 'Land of Flames' is much more progressive):

Seven Angels (Brazil)
http://www.myspace.com/sevenangelsmetal check out A Handful of Sand

Narnia (Swedish)

Living Water:

Breaking The Chains:

Dangerous Game:

Believer (USA Pennsylvania)

New CD just came out last month
http://www.myspace.com/believerband

Seventh Avenue
Deliverance
Metatrone
Boanerges
Living Sacrifice
Stryper

Can't think of any others right this moment, but most were already mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent video clips!

If you mean mine, glad you liked them. I JUST saw the Lightmare and HB (the official video and all in English now) they look brand new so I was really excited to see them. I dont know why but Lightmare reminds me of Vanden Plas with a different style..maybe its because they have similar conviction, integrity, and catchy melodies in their song writing. My favorites are Lightmare, Sea of Dreams and HB, then Narnia because they're really uplifting to listen to. I love that I feel like I have been the only one to have known about Lightmare because I never see anyone mention them in forums:)