Christmas song 2011?

HeavyMetalPastor

New Metal Member
Dec 3, 2011
Hey Guys,

I am a recent fan and the new album is blistering good. I have downloaded all the Christmas songs and was wondering if a 2011 song will be coming soon? It might be a good poll for the fans as to what traditional song we'd like to hear or the original stuff is great too. Rudolf vs Frosty is the best. Carry on gentleman and God speed(metal)

Paul

OP, I love the handle! :headbang:

Posting that answer here for convenience:

I'm mixing the new Soulspell record at the moment and have other projects after that, Jon is getting married today and heading to Hawaii, and with all the interviews and everything in preparation for the album, there's just no time. I've been waiting for the right opportunity to wind the annual Christmas song tradition to a close anyway, because there's only so much that can be done and it has to stop at some point...plus I don't want to become "the Christmas band," as it were, with more Christmas material than real material. :)

Not saying we won't ever do another one, just not this year and not every year. Besides, there's plenty of Metal Christmas stuff out there nowadays--it's pretty played out, to be honest. I'd much rather concentrate on As the World Bleeds. :)

He has said that in the past as well. Not saying they are going to do one this year, but I am not discounting it either. The new album is more than enough for me at this point :)

Are you implying that a certain Matt Smith gave up on a piece of tradition to focus on the things which mean nothing but the ever unchristiany fame and monetary gain?

^You are questioning the importance of the Christmas Theocracy tradition?? SACRILEGE!!!

[QUOTE/]I'm mixing the new Soulspell record at the moment and have other projects after that....[QUOTE/]

Waaaaiiiiiiiiittttttt....Matt is part of SoulSpell????EPIC!

Nope, I promise no new song this year. BUT, I am remixing the medley (again, heh). I saw that thread that mentioned it's not in the Club of Souls and thought, "Ah, we should upload it then." But then I listened to it and thought, "Wow, this is not up to snuff." :)

So I'm remixing it so it will sound like it belongs alongside the more recent ones (and so it won't sound so much worse than AtWB to any new fans who just discovered us--I didn't realize how far I've come in five years), and we'll put it in the Club and on YouTube after that. So nothing new, but at least it's something I guess. And it's sounding massive. :)