Christmas songs :D

Darknight6606

Apr 22, 2011
Plainville
So what are we all thinking about the Christmas song this year? Anyone know anything, or have any idea about what they want it to be?

Don't worry, you guys have pretty much earned it to sit back for a while, and yea, As the World Bleeds will be rockin' all Christmas at my place I tell ya;)

You could do a Christmas song about to much happening at Christmas ;)
I will be blasting AtWB though, so looking forward to it.

All I want for Christmas is a new song by Theocracy.
(who was going on about Pavlovian conditioning?!?)

Maybe I'll just torture myself for an extra 5 weeks
and download AtWB some time Christmas afternoon...

troll-line-t2645.jpg

Nah, no bluffing, I'm afraid.

I'm mixing the new Soulspell record at the moment and have other projects after that, Jon is getting married today and heading to Hawaii, and with all the interviews and everything in preparation for the album, there's just no time. I've been waiting for the right opportunity to wind the annual Christmas song tradition to a close anyway, because there's only so much that can be done and it has to stop at some point...plus I don't want to become "the Christmas band," as it were, with more Christmas material than real material. :)

Not saying we won't ever do another one, just not this year and not every year. Besides, there's plenty of Metal Christmas stuff out there nowadays--it's pretty played out, to be honest. I'd much rather concentrate on As the World Bleeds. :)

Hey Matt, here's an idea. I don't know if you will like it or not.

What if you release Bethlehem for the Club of Souls this Christmastime? Sure it's not new, but it'd still be a free Christmas song nonetheless. It'd just be releasing it for free. Like I said, you might not like the idea, and you would definitely have to arrange it with Ulterium. But hey, it'd be better than nothing at all this Christmas.

I doubt Ulterium would go for it. Previous album sales go up when a new album is released - Ulterium isn't going to want anything to detract from that.

If we're making suggestions that probably won't happen, however, I'd pay ridiculous amounts of money for Theocracy covers of a couple songs - especially In Christ Alone.