Christmas songs :D

That's easy to say, living in a country where Santa is still named Sinterklaas. I've always wondered what Christmas is like when the general focus is on the jolly one instead of the Holy One.

Haha, I know what you mean. However, for me, Sinterklaas was never a substitute for Santa back then, nor is the jolly one a substitute for the Holy One now.;)

Since Matt has decided to wind down the annual Christmas song releases and do them every once in awhile, it might be cool to release all the ones done thus far as an official physical CD release, complete with Christmasy artwork and all. I know I'd pay for it! How 'bout y'all?

Maybe release it as a limited release of 1,000 copies, or something....

Not to detract from the thread subject, but I've got this compilation made by BWC Studios called 'A Very Metal Christmas', and it's very, very good. It doesn't even tell who the bands are on it, or who the members are...I think they are all members from various bands I've never heard of who decided to get together and make this thing, but that's about the extent of my knowledge on it. I don't think their regular bands are even metal, but you sure can't tell by listening to this comp. The music on it ranges from death metal to punk riffing, and everything in between. They cover pretty much the range of the Christmas classics, even including the children's songs like Rudolph and Away In A Manger.

Sounds kinda vague and uninteresting to someone who hasn't heard it, I know. But it's a great Christmas metal comp.

But yeah, Theocracy's Christmas stuff is definitely up there in the best of the best.

Not trying to steal theocracy's thunder, but if you guys really want a Metal Christmas Album Austrian Death Machine is releasing a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naaa. It's good and all, but I like for Christmas metal songs to retain the original melodies; not be just shouted in metalcore style. To do that takes the whole feel of it away and makes it just a regular song that happens to have Christmas lyrics.

Just my opinion.

Nah, no bluffing, I'm afraid.

I'm mixing the new Soulspell record at the moment and have other projects after that, Jon is getting married today and heading to Hawaii, and with all the interviews and everything in preparation for the album, there's just no time. I've been waiting for the right opportunity to wind the annual Christmas song tradition to a close anyway, because there's only so much that can be done and it has to stop at some point...plus I don't want to become "the Christmas band," as it were, with more Christmas material than real material. :)

Not saying we won't ever do another one, just not this year and not every year. Besides, there's plenty of Metal Christmas stuff out there nowadays--it's pretty played out, to be honest. I'd much rather concentrate on As the World Bleeds. :)

No prob. I can fully understand with all you all have been doing. We have quite a lot od Christmas songs to enjoy from you guys.