Chuck billy comparisons to James Hetfield...

Return to Serenity said:
I don't think they sound anything alike.. I like both, but Chuck has so much more range then Hetfield.. (or any other thrash metal singer) it's not even funny.

i fully agree with you on that he's much better than alot of vocalists

My friends say that he sounds like Hetfield mostly on The New Order and Souls of black? Any comments on that?

Nah, I can see where people why people would believe that. Because hell, lots of lead singers sound alike... especially in the old thrash scene. It was almost like they saw a band get popular with a certain sound and ran out to copy it.

So do I think Chuck sounds like James... not really... but hell... everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Whipwine said:
yeah i don't like some songs from schizo deluxe but they are good than Metallica cause Metallica kicked Thrash Metal.So for me Metallica sucks after Black album.

I heard Alice in Hell and they have some decent riffs, but some of the shittiest vocal melodies. I also hate the singer.

RenzMachete said:
Nah, I can see where people why people would believe that. Because hell, lots of lead singers sound alike... especially in the old thrash scene. It was almost like they saw a band get popular with a certain sound and ran out to copy it.

So do I think Chuck sounds like James... not really... but hell... everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

what do you mean that they saw a band get popular with a certain sound and ran out to copy it? are you saying that Testament stole Metallica's sound? I dont understand what you mean by that?

billyvox said:
what do you mean that they saw a band get popular with a certain sound and ran out to copy it? are you saying that Testament stole Metallica's sound? I dont understand what you mean by that?
Some producers tend to push a band into sounding like what is "hot" at the moment. Bob Rock pushed metallica to sound like the rest of the crap that came out in the 90s.

I think there's a serious amount of drug abuse going on here. Never in my life have I read so much bullshit!!!

To even mention the legend of Chuck Billy. In the same sentence as Hetfield is complete heresy. Chuck kicks most Metal vocalists asses with the greatest of ease including that Shania Twain wannabe...

As for Chuck sounding like Mustaine?!?!:lol: That's got to be the biggest insult to Chuck ever... are you guys even fans of Testament??? Mustaine can't hold a note (without Pro-Tools or Cubase) to save his fucking life!!!

One more thing... Annihilator fucking KILL!!!:headbang:

Tyler Durden said:
I think there's a serious amount of drug abuse going on here. Never in my life have I read so much bullshit!!!

To even mention the legend of Chuck Billy. In the same sentence as Hetfield is complete heresy. Chuck kicks most Metal vocalists asses with the greatest of ease including that Shania Twain wannabe...

As for Chuck sounding like Mustaine?!?!:lol: That's got to be the biggest insult to Chuck ever... are you guys even fans of Testament??? Mustaine can't hold a note (without Pro-Tools or Cubase) to save his fucking life!!!

One more thing... Annihilator fucking KILL!!!:headbang:

hell yeah man, hell yeah man!!!!! youre so fuckin right!!!!!

me, ive also heard people saying things like "hey, this just sounds like Metallica" you know these people are nothing but faggots who dont have an ear..... and those fucked up ears dont deserve enjoying gifts like Testament.... and a wonderful Alex Skolnick solo, no, never they would never tame that meaning.....

and im also surprised how people in "here" confuses things...... i say, give them Britney Spears man and give them some black female rapper ass!!!!!!!!!

Chuck singing Seek & Destroy on the Met. tribute destroys anything James could ever dream of

I thinkthat Testament admired Mettalica very much and there are many instances where you can see them follow in their lead.

Saying that there is something about Chuck's clean vocals that sound sombre and mournful that struck a chord with me in the 1980's. I got into Testament in 87 I think! Jeez I'm old!!!:zombie: :)

I think that Both Eric and Chuck wanted to be James!!!!

I think it's great that Eric and Chuck opened their minds and explored more extreme metal styles and moved on. It's what makes them a cut above Mettalica.

I think that now they have truely stepped away from Metalica's shadow they have gone on to become better artists and musicians.

Like I said there are times when Chuck was totally ripping off James and the same can be said for Eric too but actually Chuck does very well within his limitations on clean vox which makes for style within limitation.:headbang: James has more range and control but at the end of the day James isn't hungry for Metal any more. He's a rocker who has been borredwith heaviness for quite some time. He shoud join a Thin Lizzy tribute band! Ha

Peace,
DHD

Don't be so naive Tyler. LOL. It's phrases here and there, the odd chorus to a song. It's not whole songs. I know it's hard to hear the truth sometimes but there is no real Father Christmas. + I'm sure I read an interview some time ago where Eric says as much as I've said. It's no big deal. Metallica where the number one thrash band leading the way back in the day. Lots of bands took their cues from Metallica, it's no big deal. And like I said I actually prefered Testament back in the day and I still do in the present day.

Peace,
DHD