Chuck billy out of sync

Goodbeans

New Metal Member
Feb 24, 2009
Hey!

Has anyone else noticed mostly during this summers "European hell tour" that Chuck Billy very OFTEN happends to get very out of sync with the rest of the band. This happened a lot at the bands performance in Kilafors, Sweden earlier in July. Mostly in the faster songs like D.N.R etc. The other guys are in perfect sync with each other... They also look very troubled when this happends. I´ve also noticed this in several live-videos from youtube. Has anyone else noticed this?

/Swedish headbanger and true Testament fan!

I haven't noticed it with Chuck,but I have watched a shit ton of live youtube vids from them lately and Skolnick has butchered just about every solo I've seen him play.
Some of them are completely different and some are only a little.It kind of sucks to have a god of mine back and hear the way he is doing the solos,I don't think they would tolerate this from someone else.But Testament doesn't seem to care.They just seem very happy to have him back.Maybe Chuck is out of sync because he is introducing Skolnick every few minutes haha
Testament rules!!

I havent noticed it at all I just seen them in June and they all played perfect.

Seen em twice on this tour and thought everyone was tight...though it was hard to hear Skolnick's solos as the sound at the Rave in Milwaukee sucks. That said I did feel DNR was a bit rushed, hard to believe they can play it faster than the album.

I haven't noticed it with Chuck,but I have watched a shit ton of live youtube vids from them lately and Skolnick has butchered just about every solo I've seen him play.
Some of them are completely different and some are only a little.It kind of sucks to have a god of mine back and hear the way he is doing the solos,I don't think they would tolerate this from someone else.But Testament doesn't seem to care.They just seem very happy to have him back.Maybe Chuck is out of sync because he is introducing Skolnick every few minutes haha
Testament rules!!

I've seen them live four times in the last two years and have not noticed him "butchering" any solos and being a guitarist I watch what he is playing pretty closely......in fact I think his playing is only getting better.....:)

They were in Manchester a few months ago Redfly...did you go to see them at the Webster Theater?

Also being a guitar player I have to respectfully disagree.I don't think he has kept his chops up.This isn't a jazz improve band.

Yeah I saw them it was a damn good show..minus a few little things.
But overall still better then most everyone else.

Chuck and Alex did tremendous at the Cincinnati show this year. I was star struck and paid attention to every single note/movement/lyric. Haha

Yeah I saw them it was a damn good show..minus a few little things.
But overall still better then most everyone else.

I went to the show at the Webster last October and I remember you told me you were unable to go to that show.....I'm glad you were able to go to the show this time.

Yeah totally at the last moment I got some one to go with me! Seriously..I have seen Sabbath and Testament and can go happy!!

And I don't mean to bash Alex you know? he is still better than I am then and now ( maybe one day).I just love those solos so much, they are perfect.
And he does a pretty great job on Live In London.

Haven't seen you on the forum for a while!
I appreciate what your saying.I totally understand that people sometimes hit a wrong note or lose time.I guess that just goes with the live show,being up there having fun.It's the changing of the way the solo goes that I'm not diggin.And you're right it's not every time.Just seems like more and more clips I've seen on youtube are like that.
whatever they still rule!!!

That sucks I have been through periods when I have no internet,I never realize how much I rely on it to keep track of things until it's gone!
I think the last time I saw you on the Testament board was a little after Formation came out.Of course I don't have a photographic memory either :heh:
Everything is good here,it's either raining or oppressively humid...oh well I guess that's New England for you hahaha

I seen Testament 7 times since 1988 and none of the shows I seen were bad or off key...and thats in San Diego, Tijuana, Honolulu x2, NYC, Montreal, New Orleans.

Have seen other bands have bad days...but we all have them.