Church of Australian Metal

Shit, I only remember about a dozen Aussie albums from this year and three of them are King Giz and I can't say the rest are shining a very bright light.

• Haha
Reactions: CiG
No, so far that is an exception. Not sure it will be at the top but AA and Drug Mother are the only two I really like right now and both are completely different bands. King Giz probably wont make the list either. I had higher hopes for 4Arm but after about 8 years of nothing they haven't shone that bright this year.

I don't remember listening to Lucifer's fall this year. I must have missed it.
Going to check out Caprahed too.
Reaver dropped a thrash record recently I'll check out.
Elm Street released something that was barely metal.
C.O.F.F.I.N was ok
There is a band on my list called Art Of Dysfunction but I don't remember listening to them so I have no idea what they dropped. (apparently they are a blues based band from Perth. That's not the band you posted with the guy in the shitty white car who gets flipped off by his neighbour sweeping the street is it?)
Warewolves (members of Psychotic and Bezerker) have something out I seem to remember was okay.
System Trashed was fucking trash
Frenzal had a new one which needs another listen
But surely there was more.

• Haha
Nah that's the Southern River Band, never heard of Art of Dysfunction. Unfortunately S.R.B. don't have an album out this year, but going by there being a new single, hopefully next year.

Reactions: Slammed
Great stuff, legitimately couldn't tell if it was NWOTHM or a lost 80's single. Aardvark is a killer band name too.

I just did a search on M-A for Aussie full length albums released this year and there is 186 of them.
I'm certainly not going through them all to see if any deserve to make my end of year list.

• Haha
Here to quickly state how much I appreciate Portal."
"Avow" was fantastic.