Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters

MindMunch

Jan 17, 2011
I´m looking for a new mobile interface and Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 is looking very good, with great reviews on the web, great bundled software and flexibility.

They make it a big deal that it has "premium sound quality: 24-bit / 96kHz Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters". I don´t know shit about converters and would like to know if they´re actually good or it´s just sellers talk.

Thanks

Cirrus Logic Makes shitty AD/DA chips and also makes awesome AD/DA chips. Which chip makes a big difference. But based on the specs its not one of the higher end chips being used... That said even if it had the best converter chip in it, if the analog front end sucks and uses low end components all the advantages of that chip are negated. Also something that needs to be understood, the actual converter chip is one of the least expensive components in a good AD/DA

Those specs are very mediocre, it probably had a decent converter chip just coupled to weak analog front end.

Dave

all chips are about the same, it's the design, primarily the analog design around the chip that makes the difference. It's not the chip, it's how you use it. As an end-user you still want the best quality so you have to compare specs.

I use Audio Kontrol 1 with Cirrus chips, and I can say that it's OK. You can't get any better for the price.