CLA Classic Compressors Still Kick Ass?

Sloan

Sounds like shit!
Oct 22, 2006
Atlanta, GA
www.sloanstewart.com
Waves is having their Black Friday sale and CLA Comps bundle is $150. Are these still MUST HAVE plugins for most of you guys? I use the tRacks3 1176 and LA2A pretty much every mix.

The only plugins from Waves I actually use regularly are the LA2A, LA3A, and L1. I hate the 1176 but I hate 1176's anyways. Those plugins I swear by if I'm out of hardware comps.

what do you think of the IK media compressors? I just bought their total bundle.

yeah it is on sale for 99.99! That is a sick deal. I just bought it. Do you know how their licensing thing works? Do you get unlimited re installs? I am getting anew computer soon and will ahve to re install it pretty soon after buying it.

yeah it is on sale for 99.99! That is a sick deal. I just bought it. Do you know how their licensing thing works? Do you get unlimited re installs? I am getting anew computer soon and will ahve to re install it pretty soon after buying it.

Not sure, but I have had no problems with their licenses in Reaper so far as far as I remember.

I've got UAD-2 with the old 1176LN & SE, the newer Classic Limiter Collection and I still use the CLA comps. Between the CLA and the CLC I can't say one is better than the other, they're just different flavors of 1176 IMO, both equally good. With CLC though you get the AE version which gives you 2:1 ratio as well as a slower attack time of 10ms. The LN & SE are ok, better than BF76 in PT, but before i bought the CLC upgrade i would stick to using CLA only because to me they reacted and sounded more like how i wanted. A lot of people like the LN though so YMMV.

teYm52Z.png

Nice.
http://www.audiodeluxe.com