Classic albums with skippable/delete-able tracks

Serenades should have been a lot better than it was. Not that it's not a good album, but that is really the issue.

Very strongly disagree. The ambient outro is amazing. I wouldn't class it as "noisy" either.

It's pretty good but my main point was that Bloodbirds would fit so perfectly as an epic outro that, by tossing in a weaker outro like that, it kinda detracts from the album.

Oh yeah, I forgot about The Shortest Straw - that was a scar on a brilliant album.

to live is to die is terrible, harvester of sorrow is boring, frayed ends of sanity is kind of all over the place, title track is shit most of the time whenever there aren't vocals

...And Justice For All is just an all around questionable album. And I love The Thing That Should Not Be :(

agreed. The Thing that SHould Not Be is one of the better cuts on the album.

and that noisy ambient bullshit at the end of the agalloch album is just fucking stupid.

Fates Warning's A Pleasant Shade of Gray is progressive metal mastery, but Part IX is a flow-destroying cringe-inducing The Silent Man v2. I rarely skip songs even from albums I don't like, but that is a major exception.

And achrisK didn't state things strongly enough; you're a fucking worthless failure for skipping those Iron Maiden songs.

...And Justice for All is my favorite Metallica album! Harvester of Sorrow is one of my favorite songs. I also like Shortest Straw and Frayed Ends.

To Live is to Die is pretty fucking boring though.

The same riff repeated over and over again.

So you don't like Burzum or Darkthrone either?

Yes I usually skip that song. I wouldn't delete it, I just usually skip it is all. I really have to be in the mood to listen to it.

I think it's one of the best songs on the album. Catchy, great storyline in the lyrics, and the guitar solo is bad fucking ass.

So you don't like Burzum or Darkthrone either? I think it's one of the best songs on the album. Catchy, great storyline in the lyrics, and the guitar solo is bad fucking ass.

Black metal is different when it comes to minimalism. I love Darkthrone and Burzum, I can expect them to have repetitious music. Metallica on the other hand I expect them to keep it interesting. Yes the lyrics are awesome and the solo is sick I just never have the patience for the song. I've heard every song on MOP so many times that I just skip to my favorites. The Thing that should not be is not one of those songs. A great song nonetheless.

Master of Puppets - The thing that should not be

No. Honestly that's one of their best songs. It's really more in the vein of Doom than Thrash. As such the slow, heavy, simple riffs are what make the track work.

Also, all of those tracks you guys are skipping on AJFA kickass... though Frayed Ends is one of the weaker tracks on there for sure.

Changes from Volume 4

Agreed, I was listening to that album the other day and ended up skipping that track not long into it. Doesn't fit the album at all, other than that its epic all the way through.