classical guitar

Luis said:
Recuerdos de la Alhambra = Memories of Alhambra

The Alhambra is a walled city and fortress in Granada, Spain. It was built during the last Islamic sultanate on the Iberian peninsula, the Nasrid Dynasty (1238-1492).

BTW John Williams is going to play next week and im going to his concert :headbang:

you are a bastard for seeing john williams. I'm performing at bars for 6 hours tonight, so im pretty nervous about that.

Anyways, I've decided recuerdoes is the next piece im going to learn after my auditions, I've leardned the first half of another tremelo(alm for the love of god) which my teacher says is much more difficult so i figure i might as well learn the more well known.

tyrant21 said:
you are a bastard for seeing john williams. I'm performing at bars for 6 hours tonight, so im pretty nervous about that.

Anyways, I've decided recuerdoes is the next piece im going to learn after my auditions, I've leardned the first half of another tremelo(alm for the love of god) which my teacher says is much more difficult so i figure i might as well learn the more well known.
Yeah Im :tickled:. Im a lucky guy.

Personally I prefer "Recuerdos" than Aguistin Barrios "Alm for the love of God".

Those pieces are the ultimate tremolo exercises and both are very hard to play.

I also recomend you another amazing tremolo piece: "Sueño" by Tarrega.

:headbang:

Luis said:
Yeah Im :tickled:. Im a lucky guy.

Personally I prefer "Recuerdos" than Aguistin Barrios "Alm for the love of God".

Those pieces are the ultimate tremolo exercises and both are very hard to play.

I also recomend you another amazing tremolo piece: "Sueño" by Tarrega.

:headbang:

I have sueno by tarrega in my big binder of classical guitar music that i print off whenever i see. barrios' sueno en la floresta is far more difficult then any of the mentioned ones, but I dont find it as interesting as the others asides from one small part in it that i like. Also, you have to play up to the 20th fret on a nylon string, and considering most nylons dont even have 20 frets that's quite jaw dropping :OMG:

barrios actually had to have guitars made for him to play the piece

I played just the few bits of recuerdos that I know last night at the bar I play at and the guy recognized it and gave me a 10 dollar tip, i was happy needless to say