Classical Music

bonfire89

New Metal Member
Jun 6, 2004
Im looking for some classical music.

The type/mood/feeling like with the Lord of the rings sound track or Craddle of Filth's cover of fear of the dark.

Any sugestions?

Thanks!!

Mood- hm, well Barbers Adagio for Strings comes to mind. I dont really understand what you are asking for- movie soundtracks or what?

heh yeah. I should have added "Moonlight Sonota" to the description of what I am looking for, An I got the requium for a dream stuff. heh, thats a good one.. But Ill try the braveheart theme.. thanks

Even for other music I'm looking for (your name reminded me). Gary Jules - Mad world. Thats a good one too.

Hector Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique
Saint Saens's Danse Macabre
Giuseppe Verdi's Requiem

Donnie Darko said:
Try the Braveheart them and the theme from Requiem For a Dream. Also try Beethovens Moonlight Sonata

MMMmmMMMM :) i get good vibes when i play Moonlight Sonata on the piano

i haven't heard any of the things in the original post, but i feel like saying that i've been listening to berwald's symphonies of late, and i find him to be very underrated.

Henryk Górecki's Symphony No. 3 is absolute genius.
Almost everything by Franz Schubert is great.
Sergey Rakhmaninov's "Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, Op. 31" is good too.

bonfire89 said:
Im looking for some classical music.

The type/mood/feeling like with the Lord of the rings sound track or Craddle of Filth's cover of fear of the dark.

Any sugestions?

Thanks!!

I like the Russian composers like Rachmaninoff and Rimsky-Korsakov.

Bryant (sorry for the edit... I misplet Korsakov. Hell it might still not be spelled right)

Caelum Adustum said:
Henrk Górecki's Symphony No. 3 is absolute genius.
Almost everything by Franz Schubert is great.
Sergey Rakhmaninov's "Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, Op. 31" is good too.
yeh that gorecki symphony is great, 3 pieces in the old style is another great piece by gorecki, very sad and 2 movement as a cool rythm section...

Hector Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique

YES! Symphonie Fantastique is wonderful, and I saw Le Damnation de Faust (also Berlioz) performed by the Dayton Philharmonic and a huge choir last year, that was some good stuff too.

You can't go wrong with Wagner or Grieg, either.