Classical songs

r_young112

aspiring shredder
Dec 2, 2006
milwaukee, WI
so recently ive busted out my classical, and ive just about finished up classical gas, and i work out of a book a bit with it, what are some suggestions for songs that i should check into learning?

It's probably better if you can get into the habit of reading notation...

I am currently learning "Suite In D Minor" by Robert DeVisee which is great, cos all the movements are different in style, feel and tempo, and each hold their own challenges, yet they are all attainable, so you don't feel like quitting... And cos it's Baroque, it's more fun to play, cos some of the livelier pieces jump around a bit more, but there's heaps of contrast with some really romantic style pieces as well...

It's probably better if you can get into the habit of reading notation...

I am currently learning "Suite In D Minor" by Robert DeVisee which is great, cos all the movements are different in style, feel and tempo, and each hold their own challenges, yet they are all attainable, so you don't feel like quitting... And cos it's Baroque, it's more fun to play, cos some of the livelier pieces jump around a bit more, but there's heaps of contrast with some really romantic style pieces as well...

dude, viseé was a great lutenist, as far as i know!!! i learned a piece of him, when i just startet playing classical... i loved it!
would be great if you could sent me the notes of the d minor suite!!! is that possible?

cheerz

Yeah, De Visee was awesome... In all honesty, I wouldn't have a clue how to send it to you, I work in a music shop, so I just picked up the transcription... It's about 10 pages long, but it's a pretty well known suite, so you'd probably be able to pick up a copy from your local sheet-music store without it being too expensive...

Yeah, De Visee was awesome... In all honesty, I wouldn't have a clue how to send it to you, I work in a music shop, so I just picked up the transcription... It's about 10 pages long, but it's a pretty well known suite, so you'd probably be able to pick up a copy from your local sheet-music store without it being too expensive...

maybe u could do a scan and sent a jpg or somethin'
otherwise i´ll take a look, thanks!