clean vocals?

anglocentric

New Metal Member
May 29, 2008
i am looking for stuff with clean vocals in it, either just clean vocals or clean and harsh. recently ive been listening to katatonia, opeth, amorphis, orange goblin, agalloch, so im quite open to any forms of metal (except power/ battle metal). recommendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

For bands who mix clean and harsh well:
Ensiferum
Turisas
Moonsorrow (choir vocals)
Borknagar
Bishop of Hexen
Dimmu Borgir
Keep of Kalessin (not really clean, but there is occasional singing)
Catamenia
Primordial

thanks i will look into them. is there any specific dimmu borgir albums with more the most clean vocals in?

thanks i will look into them. is there any specific dimmu borgir albums with more the most clean vocals in?

From Spiritual Black Dimensions on the band mixed clean vocals in with the harsh ones. ICS Vortex does all the clean vocals. He actually left Borknagar to join Dimmu Borgir, which pissed a lot of people off. But it's alright, because Borknagar snatched up Vintersorg to sing clean vocals from then on.

isee i shall look into dimmu borgir then. i have had a listen to the other band syou mentioned, and im not too keen on the folk style ones, but i have to say i rather like catamenia.

A lot of progressive metal has clean vocals.
Then there's thrash as well...the list again is kinda endless there.

Other than that, try Tyr, Doomsword & acid bath.(not exactly clean, but good enough)

the problem i have with female vocals is they tend to be operatic, but i shall look into those.

as for thrash, is there anyone i should listen to in particular? besides from the obvious (pantera, metallica, megadeth etc...).

Really good thrash with clean vocals?
Lessee...Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction are mostly clean - kinda croaky, but clean and comprehensible. They're also pretty obvious.

Municipal Waste are fun. Dunno...I need to go through my thrash collection again.

Try Arcturus(La Masquerade Infernale, Sham Mirrors) and candlemass as well.
If you don't mind progressive stuff, This Thread has quite a few recs.
Then there's NWOBHM and some american heavy metal from the 80s.
Basically, a lot of clean vocals.

Just search this part of the forum for 'Heavy metal' or 'NWOBHM' or 'Thrash' etc. and I'm sure something related will pop up.