Modern clean vocals?

snorelax

New Metal Member
Nov 7, 2010
Hey guys. I love thrash and related metal, but I'm not a fan of a lot of the vocals. I'll probably get crap for this, but I don't really enjoy a lot of the vocals from the big four, such as the high pitched singing/squealing/screaming.

What I'm looking for is thrash-ish metal with more modern clean vocals. They don't have to be present throughout the entire song; a mix of harsh and clean singing is good.

I'm open to more than just thrash-related metal with vocals like this, though I'm not a huge fan of metalcore.

A good example of what I'm looking for is Machine Head's The Blackening. I love the variation in vocals (and song speed) along with the great guitar/drum-work.

Hi, if you like the contrast in volcals you might want to check out the Sweidish band Opeth or the Danish Mercenary. None are thrash but they are great!
Let me know what do you think.

Mercenary isn't bad; thanks for the suggestion.

I've heard Opeth before. The clean vocals are good, but I don't like the death growls, which are in most of their heavier songs.

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Mostly everything by them is good. Their self-titled sounds a lot like Megadeth though.