Cleveland DT show

Jul 14, 2003
Akron, Ohio
Visit site
ok so last night i saw dream theater at the agora. im gonna start off by saying this was honestly one of the best shows ive ever been to. i got to the agora 15 minutes before the doors opened and it was packed. i had to wait in a big long line in the parking lot standing out in the cold. after about 45 minutes we finally got in and i got a good spot on the floor. at 7:25, the lights go out and a video comes on going through the years of dream theater from the majesty days up till train of thought. The set was truly incredible. anyone who has lost faith in dream theater after TOT would have loved them again after this show. They played a great selection of songs. they even played "fortune in lies" off of " when day and dream unite". some of the highlights of the show were " the mirror" " metropolis pt. 1" "in the name of god" and the encore " a change of seasons". it was a perfect show and im sure anyone who attended would agree.

Dream Theater played the Agora? wow, that's sad... is there two different performance spaces there? Because I saw Symphony X there last year and it was by far the worst venue I've ever been to.

Yeah, there are two places to play, and on some nights they have two different shows at once (I remember seeing Opeth while 3 Doors Down played the other side). Symphony X played the Ballroom, which holds about 800 people. Dream Theater played the Theater, which holds about 1400 people, higher stage, big floor area, balcony, etc.

*edit*
When Symphony X opened for Blind Guardian, they played the Theater side. The other two times (headlining) were at the Ballroom.