Dream Theater Show

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
Yes! :hotjump:

I just got confirmation that I am now the proud owner of tickets to see Dream Theater twice in one week!

I'm going to the London Astoria 20th and 21st of October shows :D

I can't wait for the second night's show. They'll be covering a classic album like they did with Master of Puppets in Barcelona.

Awesome. I'm so pumped!

Now I'm real jealous........

Can't see any of the 2 shows coz of work commitments..... just thankfull I got to see them in January... they rocked big time..

esp Petrucci with his silver sparkle JP 7 string!!

Wish i could go too!
I saw them a few years ago,different times but i guess the best gig i went to was in.. hmm..lemme think guess it was in '98! It was an unplugged session, especially for the members of the dutch fanclub.... Portnoy even took Melody on stage, and she wore those big earprotectors..it was a cool sight.
Labrie was complaining about the lights, they were frying his brains out! :)

Did you see them in London, Shred? I saw them there in January. I wasn't too impressed with them that night, but Pain of Salvation were absolutely amazing.
But Dream Theater is like sex and pizza, even when it's bad, it's pretty damn good.

Nitro: I've seen some footage of that show on the 5 Years in a Livetime video. It looked like a great show, but that show has puzzled me:
Sherinian had his usual 60 keyboards and Hammonds, Myung played electric bass and Petrucci played his Ibanez electrics a lot, and Portnoy's kit was mic-ed (since the others were all amplified, I presume not just for the recording).
With that in mind, it seems odd to have called it an "unplugged" show :rolleyes:

Dangerman, read the part about sex and pizza again, heretic!
bash.gif

I was there in January too....I got some funny looks from ppl tho as i appeared in my SyX tshirt *grin*

Ill be there in October too mateee...dunno whether to go to both nights or not, someone decide for me please. If only i knew what album they will be covering i could make my decision easily but poo, unfortunately not.

Ultima,

Saw them up here in Manchester at the Apollo. It was the first gig of their European tour.

They rocked bigggggg time, definately the best gig I've been to.

It was so good I can't even remember which songs I though they played best!

Would have gone down to see them at the Astoria but it's my busiest period in work then (I'm a Manager so have some responsability, doh...) so can't go...

I was at the Manchester and London shows and then the two Barcelona shows at the end of the tour (where they played MoP) and the Barcelona shows were aweseme. They just played so much better and the cover album was just incredible (I used to love metallica so it brought back memories :) ).

Anyway, I'm going to both shows and am hoping for a cover of Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime although I'm not hopefull. I bet the album will be Radiohead or Tool or some other band I cannot stand. I'll probably go and stand at the back and drink beer if it comes to that.

I hope they don't play a Radiohead album!! I like two of Radiohead's albums, but only to listen to at home. I don't want to see a band like DT playing music like that. It's just a little too noise-oriented for my liking.

I'm hoping for something that's a little more "classic", rather than just an album that the band members like.

@Fee: go to both shows! But hurry, tickets are selling out fast. I think TicketMaster have already sold out :O

I just came back from seeing Dream Theater with Joe Satriani at the Chronicle Pavilion in Concord, Ca. I drove 800 miles to San Francisco from Seattle to see this show. It was worth every minute and every penny to see DT and JS. They didn't play the enormous sets they do when headlining, but the shred the house down. I'll drive that far anytime to see them, no question.