Dream Theater are at it again!

What do Dream Theater sound like?I haven't heard much of anything by them.One of my friends is really into them...of course,she's also obsessed with the Smashing Pumpkins,so that kind of leaves me wondering..

im waiting for the bootleg to surface

DT has a keyboardist, AWESOME.. AWESOME godly guitarist, good bassist, interesting singer (siiinngerrr), and an awesome drummer with a triple.. yes.. TRIPLE bass drum

he plays the set live... i think the 3rd is just for show tho... altho he switches between stools, has different size drums all over the fucking place, so he switches back and forth

The reason he has three basses he has a HUGE set and at times needs to turn completely to the side to play what he needs, and still needs to do double bass so he either needs to have three bass drums, or become a contortionist. I guess he chose the former :D

Ay75964.jpg

I saw Van Halen back in '88, & I think Alex had at least 10 bass drums, & the kit was one huge circle around him. He would change sets for different songs, & the stage would rotate so he would always be facing the crowd. :lol: Plus, it was on a slope towards the crowd.

Nevermore...