Dream Theater cover Iron Maiden

salty

Aug 4, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
Its been splashed about the dream theater message board...

on this european leg of Dream Theaters current tour, when they have two nights in the same city, on the second night they are covering the Iron Maiden album "The Number of the Beast" in its entirety!

Cant wait to get some bootlegs of this!

This is a new tradition of DT, with Master of Puppets being their last "classic" album cover on the second night in cities.

There were rumours going about that they were going to cover Piece Of Mind - but to me that didn't sound right. I could not imagine any band ever covering Quest For Fire! :lol:

either way, they have further proven just how lazy certain other bands are. Not only can/do Dream Theater relearn any song out their own, but can play entire albums by other bands!

I've heard it was a 'jazzed-up' version of Gangland. That could sound cool. :)

I can just see the other three members behind Jon and Mikes backs: "Oh bloody hell, we already did Metallica, now Iron Maiden... Just give me my Bach and Beethoven" ;)

More bands should be as adventurous as DT!! As long as they do it in a metal way :)

I cant fuckin wait to get a boot of this show. If noone bootleged the london show, I know through a JRST member that their friend is going to bootleg the paris show...so there should be at least ONE boot out there of it.

Someone mentioned seeing a red truck out the side of the venue with tons of cables running into it...recording perhaps? I think mike had one of the MoP shows video'd...maybe he has some future plans of a dream theater classic album cover dvd or something...now that would be awesome!

I really cant wait to hear this! And Blitzkrieg...of course its true...its ME saying it! :) hehehe

I thought SSOASS would have been more appropriate, but NOTB will do :) Oh, and one of my favourite Dream Theater performances EVER was when they played the beginning of Killers (the song) as part of a medley. Rock.

Salty, has the official DT forum been working for you? I haven't been able to get there since last week.

Holy Fuck!!!
I have been hanging out to see which album they would cover next. Totally surprised by this. It is pretty much out of left field. Alot were expecting them to cover Rush, or Queensryche next.

My guess is, and this is an exclusive.... If DT play 2 dates in London or Birminham, atleast 2 or 3 members of Maiden will join them on stage for some songs., Maiden have been doing that a bit latley with Dio, and more recently with Deep Purple, so I cant see why not. I wonder what the members of Maiden think about it all.

Cool. Salty, if you get that boot, I will do anything to get a copy off you... And I mean anything!!

Was that Spawn that gave Dream Theater a compliment?!? Shitballs!!

Bruce sang a few songs with Dream Theater a couple of years back at the House of Blues, I believe. Don't have a recording of it unfortunately. :( Oh, and Bruce sang "Perfect Strangers" with DT on his radio show!

Originally posted by Spruce Goose

Was that Spawn that gave Dream Theater a compliment?!? Shitballs!!

I like DT! SFAM is really good! They are just very very easy to make fun of, thats all ;)

You like them? Hold the phone. I thought you hated them, and all prog. Well, now I can sort of have a little bit of respect for you.... sort of. Cool!

Yeah, I have Bruce singing Perfect Strangers with DT live on cd, as well as in da studio on video 5yrs in a livetime.

DT fans are the exact opposite of Manowar fans (imo). They try so hard not to have an image it's quite funny.

The geek factor certainly doesn't help either.

I own Awake, Images and something, and SFAM :) Dont listen to them much apart from SFAM though, I prefer heavier stuff :)

Making fun of DT is easy! They are in about 68 different bands!

Hey Spiff...its been like that for most Aussie browsers. And noone seems to know what is wrong. Mark (webmster of DT...not mark from here) says that it must be our isp problem...but its only the sites hosted on the same server as DT.net...so we seem to think it must be on his end...but nothing seems to be moving. Try connecting via the ip of the server...this one...this works for me...

http://216.133.73.28/bb/