Attention to All New Yorker Dream Theater Fans!!!!

Horus

and his imaginary friend
Mar 4, 2005
Atlantis
Blabbermouth.nett said:
It's Official: DREAM THEATER To Play 20th Anniversary Concert At NYC's Radio City Music Hall - Dec. 20, 2005 As BLABBERMOUTH.NET reported on December 10, DREAM THEATER have now confirmed that they will be playing a very special show at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Saturday, April 1, 2006. Celebrating the very last show of the band's 20th Anniversary Tour 2005/2006, this very special grand finale will be recorded and filmed for an upcoming 20th anniversary DVD and CD release. Gold packages go on sale tomorrow (Dec. 21) at 3:00 p.m. and to the general public via Ticketmaster on Thursday, December 22. To hear the radio ad, click here (mp3, 1.4 MB).

DREAM THEATER are continuing to tour in support of their latest album, "Octavarium", which came out in early June. The band's next live appearance will take place on January 7, 2006 in Osaka, Japan.

Its true. Dream Theater filming a DVD in MY New York City! My mom promised to rush home right away, so she can buy me the tickets for me and the 2 other people going with me. (I'm still in high school, and lacking a credit card. Buhh.) Discuss.....

YES!!!! :headbang:

And you just KNOW they are going to pull some surprise that evening. And at Radio City Music Hall. This is going to be one hell of a night.

We all know how Mike Portnoy likes to have a 2nd drummer on his set right? I know Symphony X is in the studio and all, but what if Jason Rullo was the guest drummer? I would like die from the happy.

The one interesting thing about Dream Theater is that its fanbase is split between prog rock fans and prog metal fans (and of course many being both). Not many prog rock fans likes Symphony X. It would be nicer to have someone like Neal Peart there.

Maybe Kevin Moore would make an appearance once again with the band...(now that would be a pleasant suprise). I actually started with prog metal, but recently have been getting into lots of the old school Prog Rock material (Rush, Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, ELP, etc) and have found that I am almost split between Prog Rock and Prog Metal as it is. Man if I actually had some money and was actually a legl adult I would so be making a trip to New York, but as it is im 17, and wouldnt be able to afford the trip anyways (guess I will just have to see them in LA in March)

Sounds awesome. I only hope they include Honor Thy Father, since it was the only Train of Thought song they left off of Budokan. I don't care much for Octavarium, minus the title track.

I misread the quote. I just realized that. HAHAHA!!!! I thought it said tickets go on sale today @ 3 pm. Whatever. I still have to get those tickets.

I never meant to spread rumors. I only meant to make a statement about something that would be really cool....... And that Jax would hopefully pick up and by word of mouth would get to somewhere important.:D

Also, Lich, I'm sure you saw me post it on the Dream Theater forum also. I saw your name pop up there in multiple places, and assumed that there couldn't be that many Liches of Hell.

Rullo showing up would be absolutely pointless. What role has he played for DT in the last 20 years. I love the guy, but cmon.

I, and probably most every DT fan would rather see Kevin Moore show up, much the way Derek Sherinian did for their last DVD. Or maybe even Chris Collins would be a funny surprise. Or maybe Jay Beckenstein from Spyro Gyra could come out and play the solo on Another Day.

Either way, there are plenty of other people who need to be there WAY before Mr. Rullo needs to be there. Unless of course, you meant simply in the crowd, which would be fine.

Really good news. I was hoping they would record a DVD of this tour, as songs like new-and-improved "Peruvian Skies", the I&W-double strike-encore of "Pull Me Under" and "Metropolis" and, of course, "Octavarium" just ruled that hard when I saw them in Düsseldorf, Germany. And what's more, Dream Theater in front of their most loyal fans is always good... there's bound to be a handful of surprises.

ptah knemu said:
I never meant to spread rumors. I only meant to make a statement about something that would be really cool....... And that Jax would hopefully pick up and by word of mouth would get to somewhere important.:D

Also, Lich, I'm sure you saw me post it on the Dream Theater forum also. I saw your name pop up there in multiple places, and assumed that there couldn't be that many Liches of Hell.

I was thinking that any members of Symphony X being in the audiance would be a greater possibility...(I think I remember hearing about Russel Allen attending a James Labrie show about a year ago)

rockyracoon said:
Rullo showing up would be absolutely pointless. What role has he played for DT in the last 20 years. I love the guy, but cmon.

I, and probably most every DT fan would rather see Kevin Moore show up, much the way Derek Sherinian did for their last DVD. Or maybe even Chris Collins would be a funny surprise. Or maybe Jay Beckenstein from Spyro Gyra could come out and play the solo on Another Day.

Either way, there are plenty of other people who need to be there WAY before Mr. Rullo needs to be there. Unless of course, you meant simply in the crowd, which would be fine.

I get the feeling you've never seen Dream Theater live. Mike Portnoy's drumset, as we all know, is a fucking weapon of mass destruction. It has 2 thrones. 2 THRONES!!!!! In recent years, Drum God-- I mean Portnoy, has had at many shows, guest drummers join him on the opposite throne of his set, and they do a drum duet. A DRUM DUET!!!!!

My point was originally to say that it would be fucking awesome if Jason Rullo, my tied for #1 drummer with Portnoy, did the drum duet there. Imagine how many people would die of the happy, seeing the retarted amazing drummers from 2 huge Prog. Metal bands, doing a drum duet in odd time signatures, and shit. Read between the lines!!!

And also, I ordered my tickets this morning. I'm gonna be in the Orchestra section in Row T.

I'M SO STOKED!!!!!