Attention to All New Yorker Dream Theater Fans!!!!

That's only because you were probably there right away when they put them up. I had to wait 'till 11...... Lucky.

But at least I'm going. That's all that counts. Right?

ptah knemu said:
That's only because you were probably there right away when they put them up. I had to wait 'till 11...... Lucky.

But at least I'm going. That's all that counts. Right?

Yep, and it better be good. After gifts, tickets, and a few cd's for myself I have just enough money left for 3 gallons of gas :tickled:

I have an extra set of (3) tickets that I am unable to use, as a friend of mine bought us three tickets without telling me. They are located in the first mezz (which hangs over row K of the orchestra). To the best of my knowledge, good seats are now all gone. I am not looking to profit, I just want to make back face value plus ticketmaster costs. If anybody is interested, please email me at: Ridetheray at hotmail.com

Thank you.

ThornsOfSorrow said:
I'm way too poor to go... *cries* Oh well, there's always next time...when I'll be to poor again.
You can just buy the DVD when it comes out. The only difference is that you'll have a menu screen, and you'll be watching it on your tv from the point of view of multiple cameras. And you won't be able to hear the amazing acoustics of Radio City.

YtseJammer said:
I have an extra set of (3) tickets that I am unable to use, as a friend of mine bought us three tickets without telling me. They are located in the first mezz (which hangs over row K of the orchestra). To the best of my knowledge, good seats are now all gone. I am not looking to profit, I just want to make back face value plus ticketmaster costs. If anybody is interested, please email me at: Ridetheray at hotmail.com

Thank you.

You're right about 2 things: Everybody is already all out of anything good. Row T is the 7th to last row, of 52 rows. What the hell knd of venue puts the double letter rows CLOSER to the stage than the single letter rows!?!?!?

But at least I'm going.

ptah knemu said:
I get the feeling you've never seen Dream Theater live. Mike Portnoy's drumset, as we all know, is a fucking weapon of mass destruction. It has 2 thrones. 2 THRONES!!!!! In recent years, Drum God-- I mean Portnoy, has had at many shows, guest drummers join him on the opposite throne of his set, and they do a drum duet. A DRUM DUET!!!!!

My point was originally to say that it would be fucking awesome if Jason Rullo, my tied for #1 drummer with Portnoy, did the drum duet there. Imagine how many people would die of the happy, seeing the retarted amazing drummers from 2 huge Prog. Metal bands, doing a drum duet in odd time signatures, and shit. Read between the lines!!!

The feeling you get is wrong. I've seen DT 13 times dating back to the Falling Into Infinity tour, and don't recall any guest drummers. And I certainly don't need a DT history lesson from you.

rockyracoon said:
The feeling you get is wrong. I've seen DT 13 times dating back to the Falling Into Infinity tour, and don't recall any guest drummers. And I certainly don't need a DT history lesson from you.

Though he certainly doesn't bring out guests at many of their shows, he did bring out Mike Mangini on the 6 Degrees tour when I saw them in Boston. It was insanely badass, especially when they switched seats while both never stopped keeping an insane beat.

rockyracoon said:

I've seen them once and Richard Christy came as a guest drummer, it ruled. And ptah he was just saying that Rullo being there is unnecessary because he has had nothing to do with their 20 year history, not cause Portnoy's set isnt big enough. I'm pretty sure a family of four could live in his set.

J-Dubya 777 said:
$50 - $70 for a DT show???!! GMAFB!!!!!

J-Dubya

Agreed...but the may play all of Images and Words to placate the hardcore fans instead of covering some other band's album. Save the cash and buy the DVD if you must. If it isn't something extra special, then don't spend.

Yes, there is life beyond DT :)

The Yngster said:
I've seen them once and Richard Christy came as a guest drummer, it ruled. And ptah he was just saying that Rullo being there is unnecessary because he has had nothing to do with their 20 year history, not cause Portnoy's set isnt big enough. I'm pretty sure a family of four could live in his set.

Would that show, where Richard Christy came out happen to be Gigantour @ Jones Beach on August 23, '05? If only I had my camera.
Oh yeah, 20 anniversary. Thats right. My brain has been concentrating so much on the fact that I'm GOING, and forgetting that it's a 20 anniversary show.
Portnoy's drum set can definitely house a family of 4.

WhoFooldU said:
Agreed...but the may play all of Images and Words to placate the hardcore fans instead of covering some other band's album. Save the cash and buy the DVD if you must. If it isn't something extra special, then don't spend.

Yes, there is life beyond DT :)

I'd be up for that, too bad JLB probably isn't! :devil:
I'll probably pick up the DVD, depending on what's so "Special" about it.
I think they are releasing more DVDs than cds lately.....

J-Dubya

i guss DT did that on the 2003 Queensryche summer tour...thats about it...not something i look for when i think special show... surly nothing symphony X related...rullo wasnt even a part of the rush tribute album.

ptah knemu said:
Would that show, where Richard Christy came out happen to be Gigantour @ Jones Beach on August 23, '05? If only I had my camera.
Oh yeah, 20 anniversary. Thats right. My brain has been concentrating so much on the fact that I'm GOING, and forgetting that it's a 20 anniversary show.
Portnoy's drum set can definitely house a family of 4.

Yep, that was it, definitely the highlight of the show if you ask me. They started playing all those classics together, Maiden, Rush, Slayer... I coulda watched that for the full 90 minutes... maybe...

Yeah, that definitely was the highlight of the show. And John Petrucci was back stage playing all the riffs. LOL!!!! He never ceases to amaze me!!

The Yngster said:
Yep, that was it, definitely the highlight of the show if you ask me. They started playing all those classics together, Maiden, Rush, Slayer... I coulda watched that for the full 90 minutes... maybe...

"Home" was without a doubt the highlight of the entire night. I was in f***king heaven hearing that song live. :headbang: