cleveland show

Originally posted by Beth
Opeth tattoos aren't pathetic, they're cool.....man.....haha..I met one other kid there with one, he had just the O, on the inside of his forearm, I think. I saw him show Mike when he crowd surfed up onto the stage.

that would be this kid
danstageif.jpg

my friend dan.

Originally posted by AtSanitysEnd
Well I live in Richmond 5 days a week because I am a music student at EKU. I was the one in the back of the huddle. The ugly guy with glasses who was mostly kept outside the social circle haha but i got a word in when I could!

haha aww well I don't remember glasses...on anyone....I'm sure I talked to you and stuff, I just don't remember the glases...you are brave though, did they survive, haha

Jim, was your friend Dan wearing a white shirt....heh that pic is of shapes that vaguely resemble people :p
I just remember he was a little guy with a white t-shirt of some sort.

I went to both the Pittsburgh and Cleveland shows and I thought the musical performance/sound at the Pittsburgh show was much better, while the band's energy and the vibes were better at the Cleveland show. If you stood back by the soundboard at the Pittsburgh show, the sound was amazingly clear at times. Unfortunately, being from Cleveland, the Agora has never had good sound for any show I have ever been to there. Except maybe for King Diamond a couple years ago.

Mikael really seemed to feed off of the audience's energy at the Agora show. Particularly during DOTF and the more mellower parts of the other songs when the audience was singing along with the lyrics.

Did anyone see the arguement between a big guy with a shaved head and a girl standing behind him? She told him to shut up because he was talking throughout the concert and he responded loudly with a string of obscenities. It was entertaining at first but then I thought there might be a melee'...thankfully nothing happened.

good god almighty, where to start

ok, well we got there about 5:30, an hour and a half AFTER the darknessfalls and AtSanitysEnd's crew, the show was frocken incredible, TTV and PL can go away, IMO TTV was MUCH better than paradise lost, but anywho

OPETH, jesus, just three words for these guys, opeth is god, been a fan for nearing 5 years now, this was the first time i have seen them but not even close to the last, every thing they played was simply amazing, there were times when i would just lose it and be mesmerized by them....so yea, as they were walking off stage mikael tossed me a pick and peter came up and put one in stephs hand and closed her hand around it so she was sure to get it

after the show beth you missed it, steph and i went out to the tour busses and waited on them for like no more than 5 or 10 min and they came out to sign autographs and stuff, i got them to sign my original BWP cd, and my orchid cd, steph got them to sign her ticket, peter and mikael were both really really receptive to the fans, i think peter had a thing for steph, j/k, he hugged her several times and gave her a kiss on the head

and as for the guy thats bitching about the two girls pushing their way thru that would have been my girlfriend and the darkness falls girlfriend, steph said that TheDarkness's gf was draging her thru the crowd and some guys were being fuckin rudeasses, so anyway, next time think that maybe, JUST MAYBE they were trying to get back to their boyfriends before you talk shit, besides what did this have to do with you? why do you need to post this up on the board? did it make you feel like a big man to talk shit about two young girls?

anyway, best show i have ever seen, sorry for the incredibly lengthy post

Two things, first of all I am from Cleveland and the sound in the Theatre there is awesome. Sadly Opeth wa one of the better sounding bands I have heard in the ballroom. Shadows Fall was so bad in there I had to leave once.
The shows I have seen in the Theatre being Type O, Blind Guardian, King Diamond, Cradle of Filth, ShadowsFall (tour with Mushroomhead which I left before they came on) all sounded incredible in there. The ballroom just sounds shitty but shows are usually fun in there.

Secondly for the guy who said his girlfriend was pushing, 3 words: Control your Bitches.

why should i have to control her? she had to go piss, am i supposed to make her piss in the floor by the stage? NO, if you want your shoes pissed on that would be fine but i know i sure dont, and besides, they HAD to push cause even with them asking people wouldnt get out of the way, and you wouldnt be near as pissed off if it had been a guy, its just the simple fact that its a girl and you cant do anything about it

Lacent, I saw you and your girlfriend at the merchandise when it was over, when did you go to the buses? After that??

AUGHHHHH now I'm ready to just stab myself in the chest. I figured I'd have no opportunity to talk to them since I didn't rush straight out....

You all are right though, they really enjoyed the fans up there. That was just simply awesome, and that was only my first time seeing them, and it was near perfect, and I should have more chances to experience that again

yea, we talked to ya there, got our shirts, went out to my truck to get my cd's and a camera, then went out there, so total it was probably 15-20 min after they walked off stage before the came out, but yea, when they come around for the damnation tour we will camp out in front of their bus or something so they cant move, lol j/k but we will make SURE you get to meet them

that'd be awesome, i saw him bout kill you with that kiss, it was cool, what band wouldnt, girl with a tat like yours i mean damn girl thats some devotion, after seeing yours it made me want to get the O on my calf but i decided not to as it would be just a tad copycat, i want something original

Originally posted by Lacent
that'd be awesome, i saw him bout kill you with that kiss, it was cool, what band wouldnt, girl with a tat like yours i mean damn girl thats some devotion, after seeing yours it made me want to get the O on my calf but i decided not to as it would be just a tad copycat, i want something original

:D

hehe, well did you see Dan, I guess that was him...he was probably right behind you, because at one point he reached up and tapped me on the shoulder so he could show me his O, and then I talked to him again later. So you want something pertaining to Opeth or just an original tattoo? ah I love tattoos...hehe

I was kind of upset that they didn't carry any merchandise from their earlier albums, but I guess most bands don't.

Women do piss too much, I will give you that.

i with you on the pissing, she pissed as soon as we got there then before she attacked the people with help of thedarknessfalls GF, lol, but yea i saw his tat, i was really just wanting something pertaining to opeth thats not going to be all grim looking that will get people to actually ask about it, so basically just the O, lol, but since you already have it and so does he i would kinda feel out of place

heh, you mean Dan with just the O.....I have the whole logo, in green ;) Did I tell you that I'm getting the orchid somewhere above it sometime? I remember telling a couple people.....But yeah, most people just get the O, I guess because it's so beautiful....There are 2 guys on here that I talk to who have just the O, ThyWyrm (Cory) and Thorns (Elliot). But I like the whole thing.

Did anyone else buy a hoodie? I don't regret buying it, but they're that brand Jerzees..it probably cost 2 cents to print the Opeth stuff on those....I bought that and the girlie white shirt since I already had the black long-sleeved one (that I didn't keep on for very long, haha).....70 bucks though, almost a rip-off, but I don't regret it at all.

I'm going to admit something...today I'm so sad that it's over and that I didn't try harder to make my dream come true, I've already cried 3 times.....am I pathetic or what :s

nah your not pathetic, but i didnt want to sleep so that it wouldnt become a blur, for some reason when i do something like this then sleep it just becomes a blur, i guess its called a memory and i hate it, but i am saving money now for damnation!!!!!!!! and no you didnt tell me, i knew you had the whole logo tho, but i just want the O

i didnt get a hoodie i wanted one but i figured it would be better to get the longsleeve cause i could wear it in the winter AND the summer, so i am happy i got the tour shirt not the deliverance shirt, anyway, i'm happy with it, also got my girl the white girlie, she loves it, wearing it today actually

Originally posted by opeth70
I went to both the Pittsburgh and Cleveland shows and I thought the musical performance/sound at the Pittsburgh show was much better, while the band's energy and the vibes were better at the Cleveland show. If you stood back by the soundboard at the Pittsburgh show, the sound was amazingly clear at times. Unfortunately, being from Cleveland, the Agora has never had good sound for any show I have ever been to there. Except maybe for King Diamond a couple years ago.

I'd definately take "superior sound/performance over superior vibes" any day. Yes, Opeth's sound and performance in Pittsburgh was awesome. The sound at Club Laga is always top-notch.

This is the first time I've had enough time I've had enough time to post since the show. Met some of you guys, if ya don't know I'm Lacent's g/f. Opeth was great! Most of the time I was just like :OMG: A Fair Judgement was great just because it's my fav song ever! Yeah, Beth I got kicked during Demon of the Fall too a few times. Seth moved me out of the way alot throughout the show so I wouldn't get hurt. Met Peter and Mikael, got Peters pick, hugs, and a kiss on the head :oops: They were SO nice! I can't wait to see them again! Overall, all I have to say is :worship:
I'll remember for the rest of my life!