Clicks and pops, asio meter spikes in Cubase 5 with FF 400

laszlozsolt82

Feb 5, 2010
Cluj Napoca, Romania
Hi !

I have a problem with my system, and i hope someone can help me here:
Got an RME FF400 soundcard, curently using Cubase 5 and in the VST Performance meter the ASIO meter it s going crazy when i run a couple of VST s, Even if i run at high buffer size like 1024 sample the same thing happens.....I can listen to music in Winamp with no problem, and record guitar DI tracks in Cubase, but when i apply a couple of vst effects the clicks starts....

Computer specs are the following:

Windows 7 64 bit
Gigabyte MA785GT UD3H Motherboard with onboard TI FW chipset
AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Radeon X 1300
WD 7200 rpm 500 GB HDD

What should i do?
Suggestions?

Well, do you have an option for using your a mobo audio driver in cubase? If so, try an experiment and switch the driver... Then load some vsts and see if the problem persists. If it stops than it might be a driver issue. If it doesnt.... Well im not sure. Check the manufactuers website for support and a driver. Also if you have the absolut latest driver, roll back to an older one and test that.

Try disabling all unnessecary hardware such as wifi cards, DVD drives and so forth.
Some hardware configurations can interfere with Audio performance in weird ways.

With my Fast Track Pro, I have to disable my Network Adapters or I will get pops and glitches. Annoying, but only takes a second and did the trick for me.

Thanks for your replys .Just checked my BIOS settings and my C1E and SpeedStep (Cool and Quiet at AMD) where already disabled, so no luck until now....I will try to disable some hardware....Any other suggestions?