Cliff Burton R.I.P. 20 years ago today

Danny rctv

Girl Band Geek!
May 22, 2002
San Francisco
www.realitychecktv.com
cliff3.jpg
Hard to belive it's been 20 years all ready!Cliff was the best & there'll never be another one like him nor has there! Rock in peace!:worship:

The last time I saw Cliff w/ Metallica was at a Day on the Green at Oakland Coliseum in 85. They used For Whom the Bell Tolls from that show for Cliff em All. Great memories! R.I.P., Cliff. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. :( I think that photo is from that day! nice!

Probably the greatest loss ever in metal history.
He was killed in the prime of his life. We mourn not only the man but the music that never came to be without him. :cry:

Gonna have to toss on an old Metallica CD tonight in his honor.

Jim

I remember hearing the news on KNAC on the way to school the following morning. Didn't get to see Metallica until the Monsters of Rock tour w/ VH and Scorpions a few weeks before ...Justice came out.

Puckfiend said:
I remember hearing the news on KNAC on the way to school the following morning. Didn't get to see Metallica until the Monsters of Rock tour w/ VH and Scorpions a few weeks before ...Justice came out.

that's how i heard too - that day sucked :(
hey and that was my first metallica show too - i had all their stuff and me and my brother used to jam out to jump in the fire :headbang:

\ORION/ - here's to cliff :kickass:

METAL GOD said:
Seen Cliff and Metallica @ the Long Beach Arena open for OZZY, on June, Friday the 13th, 1986. Was an awesome concert!!!

I know, I know..my best friend went to that show. He wouldn't shut up about it for a week. I had no $$ for a ticket, so I had to stay home that night.

First time I saw Metallica was on the tour with Ozzy. Band I'd never heard of before. Bought Master of Pupets the next day.

Heard about it the next morning in our local paper.. man we were bummed that day.

was honored to have met him (and the rest of the band of course) way back on 3-9-85 before the concert here in san diego at s.d.s.u. at this little hole called the back door. then lucky enough again to have driven up to hollywood to see them for the second night in a row! see pictures from s.d. at: www.bmcfellar.photosite.com r.i.p.