R.I.P. Cliff

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
It was 20 years ago today that one of my greatest influences, a great bass player, and great person passed away.

R.I.P. Cliff Burton. You made the world a better place.

7472079_l.JPG

Wow I feel really old now. I saw Cliff play with Metallica when they opened for Ozzy at the Oakland Coliseum. Ozzy was on the Ultimate Sin tour, Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour. I was just a kid, but I remember Cliff was a headbanging fool. I couldn't figure out how his neck did that.

MetalSteph said:
Wow I feel really old now. I saw Cliff play with Metallica when they opened for Ozzy at the Oakland Coliseum. Ozzy was on the Ultimate Sin tour, Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour. I was just a kid, but I remember Cliff was a headbanging fool. I couldn't figure out how his neck did that.
whos the guy to the left of fat warrel in your sig?

Wow... RIP Cliff. You made Metallica, and they'll never be the same.

cliff's last show bootleg http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUDQSFO1 (from metallica's board)
and the setlist

1. Ecstasy of Gold
2. Battery
3. Master of Puppets
4. For Whom The Bell Tolls
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6. Ride the Lightning
7. Bass Solo
8. Whiplash
9. The Thing That Should Not Be
10. Fade To Black
11. Seek & Destroy
12. Creeping Death
13. The Four Horsemen
14. Guitar Solo
15. Am I Evil?
16. Damage, Inc.
17. Blitzkrieg

that is one great metallica setlist. rip cliff

It's awesome that Ms. A and Stef were actually in the Bay Area when all of that was going down. I lived in London at that time, and I used to daydream about posing for band pics with the Golden Gate Bridge behind me. I know you guys know what I'm talking about!

R.I.P. CLIFF

MetalSteph said:

well, at least you had the honor to see him, my parents saw that tour before i was even a thought.

RIP Cliff