Clinics announced

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
July 24, 2009
Official Press Release
OnBoard Research/ProgPower USA

OnBoard Research, the maker of The Intellitouch Tuner and Beatnik Rhythmic Analyzer, is proud to announce its sponsorship for the artist clinics for Saturday September 12th at the 2009 ProgPower USA metal festival. OnBoard brought the first “touch” tuner into the music product mainstream in 1997 to much acclaim including winning several industry and manufacturing awards. As part of its ongoing dedication to artists and the music industry as a whole, Intellitouch Tuner artists Drew Creel and Joel Gregoire will be conducting a guitar clinic and subsequent “first-time ever” guitar battle as the opening clinic on Saturday, the second day of the festival. Drew is the ex-guitarist of Meyvn and a 3-time winner of Austin’s Best Metal Guitarist award. He has played ProgPower Europe and is currently recording his first album with new band Izrafel with engineer Sterling Winfield (Pantera, Damageplan). Drew has been featured on the websites Chops From Hell and Guitar9. Joel Gregoire is an esteemed graduate of the Musician’s Institute Guitar Institute of Technology (1987) where he studied under several legendary guitarists including Paul Gilbert and Frank Gambale. Most metal fans will recognize his name as as one of the founders and writers for the band Stride which played ProgPower USA in previous years. As a member of Stride, Joel received accolades for winning the Guitar Center Guitarmageddon contest, securing the opening act spot for Bon Jovi, and teaching for the National Guitar Workshop institution.

Also, Beatnik Rhythmic Analyzer endorser Casey Grillo will be the featured drumkit clinician on the same day bringing his respected power metal technique to the festival. As the drummer for the band Kamelot since 1998, Casey has toured North America and Europe extensively over the past few years, including recent summer drumkit clinics in Netherlands. Casey is well-known to ProgPower fans having played the festival in prior years as well as his recording work with Brazilian band Almah and Ian Parry’s Consortium Project.

Details:

September 12
The Loft
Door: 11:30
Start time: 1200
Cost: FREE to everyone (500 person capacity- gold badges & sponsors get first entry)

I had to go back n' read it twice.. just to make sure... Casey Grillo.... O.... M..... G....

the top 4 of my all time favorite bands will be represented at this year's ProgPower... someone pinch me... (there aren't enough smilies to post the ELATION I am currently feeling) :Smokin::worship:kickass::OMG:

I had to go back n' read it twice.. just to make sure... Casey Grillo.... O.... M..... G....

the top 4 of my all time favorite bands will be represented at this year's ProgPower... someone pinch me... (there aren't enough smilies to post the ELATION I am currently feeling) :Smokin::worship:kickass::OMG:

How about a few BIG ones!

13.gif
11.gif
21.gif

That's about how I'm feeling now. GREAT news!

This should be pretty cool. I think Joel is a very underrated guitarist, and I hope to hear him come back with a new original band soon. I'm curious about the Casey Grillo clinic, as I think he's a more talented drummer than Kamelot allows him to be. I'll certainly be there!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

One of the sucky things about being on crew - can't see these. I got about 10 mins of Jmac, and 5 min of IA...
Enjoy !

I saw this and I was like "this is going to be kickass..." then I looked at the time, and knew we'd be working... :lol: Did you at least see the J-Mac/IA jam?
Swinging from the nutsack :)lol:), I remain,
J-Laport
:heh: