Close but no cigar

The13thCandle

Jan 4, 2004
Las Vegas
www.kajukenbowarriors.com
One reason why I like this forum is for all the old school metalheads in here. Now break out your old cassettes and LPs and name some bands and/or albums that you think are great but didnt really "make it".
Heres a couple for ya:
Messiah - Hymn of Abramalin and Extreme Cold Weather.
Heavy, fast and brutal.

I rate them :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5

The13thCandle said:
One reason why I like this forum is for all the old school metalheads in here. Now break out your old cassettes and LPs and name some bands and/or albums that you think are great but didnt really "make it".
Heres a couple for ya:
Messiah - Hymn of Abramalin and Extreme Cold Weather.
Heavy, fast and brutal.

I rate them :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of 5
Meliah Rage - Kill To Survive ...Thrashy , I love the song Bates Motel, I give them :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: of 5

gaschamber said:
hobbs angel of death
sentinel beast
recipients of death
wehrmacht
exorcist
cyclone
exumer
darkness
viking
vendetta

the list goes on for me cause im a thrash junkie. gotta be fast.

Wehrmacht is killer, Did you like their Spazztic Blurr stuff?
I have a funny Recipients of death story, I will make it short, We played a show with them here in Vegas, Out in the middle of the desert. ( there were no Metal clubs back then). well couple of days later, my Guitarist gets a call from the cops asking what we were doing out there. Come to find out, some poor soul got murdered and dumped out there and the cops thought that our band and ROD were doing satanic rituals out there and all this crap, and we were the ones who sacrificed this dude. took a couple of days of constant interrogations but we were finally cleared.

What ever happened to VIO-LENCE ??? I had a sick bag EP of theirs once FUCK KNOWS what happened to it...i think i drank the cambells when 3/4 through a bottle of JD :D :D .

The13thCandle said:
Wehrmacht is killer, Did you like their Spazztic Blurr stuff?
I have a funny Recipients of death story, I will make it short, We played a show with them here in Vegas, Out in the middle of the desert. ( there were no Metal clubs back then). well couple of days later, my Guitarist gets a call from the cops asking what we were doing out there. Come to find out, some poor soul got murdered and dumped out there and the cops thought that our band and ROD were doing satanic rituals out there and all this crap, and we were the ones who sacrificed this dude. took a couple of days of constant interrogations but we were finally cleared.

that story is tits.

no i didnt hear spazztic blur, i just got their first 2.

WARFARE is another band i forgot to mention, the guys from angelic upstarts' metal band.

I guess my choice would have to be Buzzov*en. Those guys were insane, they did copious amount of drugs(any and everything), beat the shit out of themselves and each other during shows. During their meet the band party at Roadrunner, they freaked out all the execs. by shooting up heroin and snorting coke right in front of them. Mind you, this was when Roadrunner had all those anti-drug slogans on the back of their cds. Great band, but of course they didn't last to long and who could when you had as much substance abuse going on as they did.

*edit* Electric Wizard is pretty fucking sweet too:headbang: