Cloud Connected synth backing track

Severu

No SSL for you!
Jun 15, 2007
Bucharest
Hi guys,

my band wants to do a Cloud Connected cover version and since the synth is a must on this track, I wanted to ask (before I go ahead and do it myself) if someone around here has it or at least the midi file or something.

Thanks!

I just started doing them "manually". I'll post the whole project/audio/midi files once they're done.

Cheers

Cool, I used to play this song !

There is one background synth missing, the one that is very mellow and stereo.

I don't think the synth melody is 100% correct but it works nicely though !

The pluck synth sound is very close to the original one !

I'm sure I haven't got it 100% right, I did it by ear :) I tried it at rehearsal yesterday and it's close enough :)

What missing synth are you referring to? on what part?

Just listened again, it's not actually another synth but some kind of harmonics in the main one that gives it a more airy and epic effect, on the original song you can hear it evolving around 00:05 depending on the not played. I'm just so used to this song, it feels like something is missing otherwise :)

I think you're hearing a delay or something. I couldn't replicate the exact same sound, but for what we're trying to do I think it works pretty well. Thanks for pointing it out though! :)

The "high pitch harmonics" comes from a bandpass filter with fairly high resonance where you sweep the cutoff.
Im not exactly sure of how the sound was built, but i would start by using saws for the high pitched part of the sound and then start adding lower pitched pulsewaves to get the "warmth" of the sound.
Then you run the bandpass on the pw's and use a lowpass on the saws.

If you want to make the sound more "spacey", insert a hall reverb and use the following settings as a starting point: decay 1500ms-2500ms, predelay 50-150ms and almost no early reflections.

btw, i used synthedit to make a simple plugin for fat leads that might come in handy for the lead sound.. i can pm it to you if you want?

Could you perhaps share the individual tracks?
as some of them could need some Delay and EQing etc to make it sound closer to the original, that can't be done one the finished mix though...
would be uber awesome!