mixing midi synth help

mattia.7

Jan 12, 2009
Hi..please,can someone help me?what kind of post processing do you use for mixing synth create using reason or other synth vst?i make the synth tracj with reason,then i put the synth wave track in the cubase project with the other instruments..then for mixingh the synth i don't know what is it better..please,help me..thank you guys..

thank yyou for the reply..i often use lead or polysynth of reason..i make some tracks midi and then i esport every synth in one wave track that i put in cubase.for the context generally is a project with synth vocal and guitars..

i find that simpler waveforms usually cut straight through a mix easily,
consider that if the synth sounds "balanced" in reason with no guitars around it, it could sound kinda dull when imported into the project.
get a nice biting squarewave, open up the filter a bit more than normal and hopefully it should cut through.
do the usual stuff, hi-pass as high up as you can and eq a bit to make it stand out/ sit back where you want.
compression always helps too :)

i work mostly with electronic music and tons of synths, its really not that different to mixing any other instruments.

get a nice biting squarewave, open up the filter a bit more than normal and hopefully it should cut through.
do the usual stuff, hi-pass as high up as you can and eq a bit to make it stand out/ sit back where you want.
compression always helps too :)

Can you explain this passage please?i'm not english and i don't understand very well..i mean,if u can do a practical example of a type of eq of some of your synth sound please,if it possible..thank you very much

I would make a project of the wave synths instead of exporting it all in one bunch. Mix it in the wave project and then do the big synth track. And if you have good soft synths then you don"t have much to do imho. For a square synth I would probably put a limiter so that the low and high notes can be heard and pan it similarly to a lead guitar. But it depends on the part and etc. And then EQing can be done but that depends on the tone of the band. But removing some low frequencies is almost a must. And some square leads are annoying in the high frequencies. So if your guitar is a bit fizzy and you add a fizzy sqaure lead it might suck.