Not metal,i know help me with this synth sound please

mattia.7

Jan 12, 2009
please,canyou help me to find this synth sound,i think it's pop punk or power pop..i have a band that want this sound..i use reason,ora massive or sylenth..can someone hlp me please??thank you

http://www.myspace.com/redsummertape

the song is play lose learn and the synth starts at 0.3 second..thank you very much

From what I hear there, it's just 2 oscillators, both on square waveform, and one an octave over the other ( for example, 1st oscillator 8'' and the second 4'')
Put both oscillators to legato and add some portamento ( or glide on some synths).
Maybe put the synth on unison mode.

Envelope is gate style (a=0 d=0 s=max r=0) and filter is opened full with no resonance.

I'm not at the studio right now so I can only listen with shitty speakers, if there's only the high melody...I would try that.

Yeah, what sweetnothing said basically.. it reminds me of a synth i have in nuendo 3, have to check it out but it's fairly standard stuff.. glide it and/or overlap the notes if needed in the sequencer once you found something that sounds like this.

also, check out some hip hop forums about engineering.. im sure this is still a much used synth in that world.

yup square wave with rez
but dont hear over the top trickery going on sounds like a basic preset like you might find on any korg.
You might already have it ..try removing all the over the top shit from your existing square wave factory presets. or just taming them down until it sounds like that song.