Help creating a synth patch in Logic

Vicioushead

Jan 29, 2012
Ireland
I realize this is a longshot :oops: but if someone out there can help me recreate something like this synth patch in Logic (obviously I'll be using a different rhythm).

The sound at the beginning is what I am after. I'd be hugely grateful if anyone could share their expertise, or point me to a tutorial of some descrition. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty basic sound, the real trick is playing with the amplifier attack, it goes from slow to fast-ish as the intro progresses.
It's either one patch with 2 oscs octave apart or am I hearing a second snappier patch underneath the main sound?
There's a also bass drone doing the bottom end.

Thanks for your reply...could you be a bit more specific? Is it just a matter of selecting a bass patch and automating it to osc at a particular rhythm? How would I go about that?

GODDAMN I had a long answer written but I did something and now it's gone!!

Anyhoo, I don't know that much about softsynths (I use the real deal, nyer nyer! :p) so I can't say anything specific about a certain software or the like.

But you could start out with lead or a bass patch, tune one oscillator down an octave (if it has 2, if not engage a second one), then start messing with the envelope attacks (the A on the ADSR) to get that "warping" beginning to the sound. Keep sustain off, decay and release both fast-ish, maybe even at the fastest setting.

It might be the same sound that's making the bass as well, hard to tell, since sometimes there might be a couple of patches layered to make one big sound.

Then of course you'd need to either program the pattern or use an arpeggiator. And use delay!! <- important.

It's a great sound. If you want to what the masters of these kinds of arps did, check out Tangerine Dream's "The Virgin Years" -albums, like Phaedra, Rubicon...

Thank you so much. I'm still a bit perplexed but you've inspired me to have a dig around and see what I can create. Much appreciated!