I need a good synth sound from Reason/Fruity Loops

Cacoph0ny

Feb 23, 2008
I'm in the process of writing and recording a guitar solo album and I'm having trouble finding a good synth/keys sound from either Reason or Fruity Loops 7. I looked through most of the Malmstrom samples in Reason and they don't appeal to me. I need something that blends well with guitar leads and doesn't sound too airy but at the same time doesn't sound too synthy. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the process of writing and recording a guitar solo album and I'm having trouble finding a good synth/keys sound from either Reason or Fruity Loops 7. I looked through most of the Malmstrom samples in Reason and they don't appeal to me. I need something that blends well with guitar leads and doesn't sound too airy but at the same time doesn't sound too synthy. Any help would be appreciated.
That's going to be an issue of eq or having the tone dialed in properly. The presets are usually a good starting point but not really what I'd use in a finished version.

Change around between the presets in the Sytrus in Fruiyloops, i havent seen a more powerfull software synth(That produces that kind of sounds that is.).
Then you might want to EQ and tweak around on some knobs before you are pleased with it.